Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traction Control and ABS problem

Options
  • 23-01-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey,

wondering can anyone help me out. I bought a '98 318is a few months back and have no problems with it.

I was aware the ASC (traction control) was not working but it didn't bother me too much and i was giong to get it looked at when i'm getting it serviced. In the recent bad weather i have also discovered the ABS is out too.

Firstly i thought if either safety feature were out there shoudl be a warning light on the dash. Unless the guy who sold the car disconnected the lights or something.
    Secondly has anyone had experience of this? I've read before that if a sensor for the ABS is out it could also cause the ASC to be disabled. With the icey weather i'd like to see if there is something to check that might be causing this myself.

Any Suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It can be a number of things - your best bet is to get a proper diagnosis done.
    Try AC Cars off Dublin's SCR - www.accarsales.com

Advertisement