Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male presenters on RTE...

Options
  • 23-01-2007 3:12pm

...is it my imagination or are many of the male presenters on RTE now...how do I put this gently...effeminate?

It's like someone in RTE heard metrosexuality was the way to go, but confued it with homosexuality.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

?

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say but are you suggesting we get an Irish equivalent to Russel Brand on Six One or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Name names!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

im not keen on that guy joe o shea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭santosubito

tabatha wrote:
    im not keen on that guy joe o shea

Eh, I think you can take it that Joe would be the last person ever to be confused with a homosexual or metrosexual, whatever that is.

He'd get up a crack in a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Thats showbiz baby - builders from Naas generally dont apply to be continuity announcers now do they? They all seem to be having a gay old time on RTE alright. Id say the bar is a hotbed of activity. Between the guy on the news and Shirley TB the craic <boom boom> must be ninety.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

Not only the news guy and STB, many of the backroom staff (ho hum) are 'that way inclined' too.. I would recognise quite a few names on the Afternoon Show credits as guys who go to The George, for example. I suppose that's always been there, and is now filtering through to the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Eh, I think you can take it that Joe would be the last person ever to be confused with a homosexual or metrosexual, whatever that is.

He'd get up a crack in a plate.
    Lol!

Who cares if they're gay or not? For the most part they're pretty decent presenters (though I'm not a fan of many of the shows). Who are you talking about OP? The guy that does the cafe and whatever else is quite straight, or at least he comes across as though he is, Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy are straight afaik...the only people I can think of are one or two of the guys on the Afternoon show, except the cook Eamon O'Cathain (sp?) who I know is straight, and the somewhat camp guys on The Afternoon Show, well, to the housewives that are watching it I suppose they make more interesting characters and have more to say in the subjects that'd interest the viewers than oh, say a straight guy who has little or no concern with the lives of celebrities, fashion etc. as would be the case with a lot of straight guys.

rb_ie wrote:
    Who cares if they're gay or not?

I don't care, just wanted to know were my suspicions completely off the wall...
    rb_ie wrote:
    the only people I can think of are one or two of the guys on the Afternoon show, except the cook Eamon O'Cathain (sp?) who I know is straight

It's repeated in the morning across from TV3's morning programme, where Cagney is straight and the homosexual contributers are pretty obvious and way there...

I guess it's the stealth thing that I'm uncomfortable with. Or just the not knowing...ah Jesus I dunno...

betelgeuse wrote:
    Not only the news guy
    Who, Aengus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't care
    I guess it's the stealth thing that I'm uncomfortable with. Or just the not knowing...ah Jesus I dunno...
    Yeesh, make up your mind...

What do you think "this" is, some big gay conspiracy to ruin your afternoon television?

• Advertisement

Do you not have anything better to do than watch afternoon TV and Ireland AM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Ray Darcy is the antichrist. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's repeated in the morning across from TV3's morning programme, where Cagney is straight and the homosexual contributers are pretty obvious and way there...

And...?

Lol, would you prefer it if they had something along the lines of "The Afternoon Show - Now featuring two homosexuals!!" at the opening of the show?!

Don't worry Conor, you're not going to suddenly want to stick yourself up another guys bum after watching a show with gay presenters.
    If you do though, thats not the presenters/shows fault...its because you're in denial/living a lie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement