Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SGA Season 3, Episode 18: Submersion [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 23-01-2007 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

Your thoughts on this one. Oops wrong name - Submersion is the correct title.

EDIT:

Thought it was pretty so-so . A bit of filler episode although it did leave a few things up in the air with the
    Wraith cruiser and the energy source

What did you think of SGA Season 3, Episode 18: Submerged[SPOILERS] 15 votes

This is why I watch it
    0% 0 votes
    Could have been better
    20% 3 votes
    Just about OK
    53% 8 votes
    Should have done something else
    26% 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Agreed - average but a bit better than some of the other average episodes (in as much as that makes sense). Tey-lo was useful for once - I had forgotten she could be!

The Wraith Queen seemed to die a bit too easily - p'raps not dead after all? I kind of felt that the wraith ship there and the energy were elements being set for the season finale in two weeks time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

when was this aired?

edit: nevermind, managed to get a copy ;)

ep was good, nice to see the wraith back again, definitely left some unfinished business with the cruiser and the platform, hopefully these wont just be forgotten about.
    wraith queen died way too easily, was expecting her to get back up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Enjoyable ep alright. Although, SG teams tend to have the stupidest most wreckless ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ixoy wrote:
    The Wraith Queen seemed to die a bit too easily - p'raps not dead after all? I kind of felt that the wraith ship there and the energy were elements being set for the season finale in two weeks time...

Ye i thought that was a bit odd remember that single wraith male who was on the planet with Shepherd in season one? He took a hell of allot more of a punch than she did and she had fed twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its because she was a girl, duh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

When I first saw the Wraith Queen swim over I thought - the station was for monitoring a new kind of Wraith or something, an evolved water Wraith.. and that there was an underwater hive. And when she was saying things like you're all gonna die, that it was because she'd summoned all the otehrs to wake up and feast!!

But I was wrong.

Yeah, the ocean floor is bound to be littered with leftovers from war, if they search them, ya never know what they could find. Dunno if I like the idea of them flying a Wraith ship, but it could be used to trick the Wraith in a future episode.

Tbh, I like filler episodes. There is so much stuff that happens to them, and technologies they discover. And having a Wraith back on the show is cool.

I wonder when the Ori and the Wraith will meet... hmm

didnt they have a hive ship before?
    whats wrong with them having a cruiser anyway

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I dont like them. They're all ugly and gross inside. I dont like ugly scifi. Its why I never got into DS9. Though my housemate was talking about tactical advantages etc etc...

They should search the ocean floor and find another Aurora or something. Now THAT'd be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

kdouglas wrote:
    wraith queen died way too easily, was expecting her to get back up! :D

Not really, she'd just swam about a kilometer at massive pressures, which would have done her some damage, then took 50 rounds of P90 and a few from a handgun, before she finally went down, thats a hell of alot of punishment. Doubt most wraith could have stood up to that.

Still they have the platform, and probably a cruiser if they can figure out how to get it working, like everyone else i'm wondering how they'll use this in the end of season finale.

what struck me as odd is that she was somehow knocked out cold how did this happen? all she did was bang her head and she had recently fed there is no reason for her to have been knocked out

• Advertisement

My reckoning is that it is due to her status as a Queen. Now I Know in Aliens the queen was scary as **** but when you look at the wraith as a whole it would seem to me they have been designed to a more standard insectoid-like setup: Queen behing the weakest, but having the power to control everything (super psychic abilities; which could be used to amplify her physical stature: if she wasn't expecting the attack, this ability might have faltered) and the Wraith Grunts being the toughest: kudos to the males though who have a fine mixture of speed brains and brawn: but as a whole would not have the focus/ability to keep the Hive in unison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

An alright filler - not spectacular, but definalty not the pile of sh1te we got yesterday from SG1.

I got the feeling that they were setting something up for the series finale with the wraith Cruiser + the (supposidly) limitless power source

Teyla was of some use this week, which was a welcome change for once.

I would have given it a 6 or a 7 (on the 1-10 scale) because I thought some of teyla's "acting" when she was linked with the Wraith was a bit over the top.

Also I thought Ronan was supposed to be this great fighter, but he got beaten up by someone who is 5 or 6 inches smaller than him (and a lot lighter too I would imagine)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Cack filler but kess cack then other fillers`.

Seriously....I think they just make this **** up as they go along.
    Such a shame as I was watching the Siege part 3 yesterday and started to remember when Atlantis was good.

^ I disagree. As fillers Submersion and the Ark werent spectaular (Ark was just boring), but they do end up leaving the finale in an interesting place. And they promised to flesh out the Wraith a lot more next season, so that should be good.

Flesh out....next season?
    After they introduced the Asurans...who are going to have a role so big that they had to draft in Carter.
    The Wraith are crap now anyway.

Yes flesh out: go watch Common Ground again; there's more to the wraith then we aren't being told....

Funny though how I didn't pin the Asurans as the reason Carter was going to Atlantis......but after the last few eps of SG1 Im not sure I even want her. Having to interact with Claudia Black has made Carter a.................- girl. Its disgusting. She used to be above that ****.

Yeah I remember common ground.
    But I don't like this whole 'humanizing' the Wraith thing. It's stupid and contradictory of what we first learned of the Wraith.
    Keep in mind that when we were introduced to them they were the over-whelming, evil predatory race who defeated the ANCIENTS!

Now they just bake and talk about handbags.

Advertisement