Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Starting

Options
  • 23-01-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

OK, We have just started to think about getting a self build going but I haven't got a clue where to start. I have some background in the building trade but not enough to manage a self build. I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions:

1) Firstly, and most importantly, how releastic would it be to have 200K for the build itself. I know this is like "how long is a piece of string" but the build is in Wexford and the house size would be somewhere between 1650-2000 max. Would 200k get a completed house (excluding landscaping etc)

2) If a typical build did cost 200K, how much would be saved my overseeing and subcontracting myself? And is it worth for health reasons!

3) Are there any good websites around that have all that's needed for selfbuild. I have come across but they are mainly trying to sell something or are based in the UK.

4) Has anyone got any tips or pointers for me!

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement