Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Celica 1.8 ST

Options
  • 23-01-2007 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I noticed on carzone that 98/99 1.8 ST Celica's are pretty cheap.

However I can't find much information on the ST on the internet. And whtever I do find seems to be conflicting with the last thing I found.

If they are that cheap, I am guessing that they are a fairly watered down Celica. I read one report that said the BHP is only 113.

Anyone here have one or know anything about them.

What is the BHP ?

Are they front, back or 4 wheel drive ?

If they are not 4wd, what model would I have to go to to get 4wd ?

Thanks in advance

BnA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BnA wrote:
    I noticed on carzone that 98/99 1.8 ST Celica's are pretty cheap.

However I can't find much information on the ST on the internet. And whtever I do find seems to be conflicting with the last thing I found.

If they are that cheap, I am guessing that they are a fairly watered down Celica. I read one report that said the BHP is only 113.

Anyone here have one or know anything about them.

What is the BHP ?

Are they front, back or 4 wheel drive ?

If they are not 4wd, what model would I have to go to to get 4wd ?

Thanks in advance

BnA

The Celica 1.8 ST was a cut price entry level version. I think it used the 1.8 litre engine from the Carina E/Avensis. It is ok for cruising but not as good at the 2.0 GT (173bhp) or Beams Yamaha (200bhp+) versions. The Celica GT-Four with 240bhp is 4wd, very rare and expensive. All other Celicas are front wheel drive.

Advertisement