Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #26: "Crane Wife" by Decemberists

Options
  • 23-01-2007 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Boo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I never wrote a review of this one (may get around to it sometime) but simply put, for me it was one of the best albums of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Fantastic album. Probably my favourite for '06.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

Absolutely love it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

One of the best opening songs of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Why the boo John?

Anyhew I think it is a great album, how can you disagree with sea-shanties!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Great album, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Yeah, like to add my recomendation for that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Fantastic album-easily my highlight of 2006. Not a single song that I'd ever even consider skipping whenever I listen to it, which is totally unnatural for me.

Can't wait to see them on the 3rd in Vicar Street; I'm delighted that it got moved from the Village. It would have been a bit of a let down to be forced to see them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭goodfela

Yep, very good album but maybe not quite as good as the previous one?

i think they've swapped a bit of their quirkiness for a bit of mainstream treatment now that they've moved to a bigger label - still class though....can't wait to see them...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Why the boo John?

Anyhew I think it is a great album, how can you disagree with sea-shanties!

"Boo!" as in "Surprise!" not "Boo!" as in "Boo-urns!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Boo, as in hardly worthy of much discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Boo as in the boohoo of the Decemberist fans, hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Good to see this here as album of the week! May I highlight the brilliant track "Perfect Crime #2"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

cool...i nominatedtedtedt this one.
    best decemberists album so far i might add. they're playing vicar str. so you over 18s fans might wanna look out for that in february.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Bought tickets to their February gig, only to realise it clashes with a holiday of mine. Very disappointed, I was. Nevertheless, I shan't hold that against the band. A good album, not perhaps as great as everyone here seems to think, but very good nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

You missed an unbelievably good gig. Knew they'd be good live but that was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah it was something else alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Great gig. The music was spot on, and Colin Meloy was brilliant, very good frontman. The local support group were quite good too, though I thought the singer's mic could've been a bit louder, but maybe that was just where I was standing.

Advertisement