Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jamiroquai's cars

Options
  • 23-01-2007 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

* Aston Martin DB5
    * Audi RS4
    * Audi RS6
    * Ferrari 550
    * Ferrari F355
    * Ferrari Mondial
    * Ferrari F40
    * Ferrari F50
    * Ferrari Enzo
    * Fiat 1000 Abarth (sport version of Fiat 600)
    * Hummer H2
    * Lamborghini Diablo SE30
    * Lamborghini Miura
    * Maserati A6 GCS FRUA
    * Mercedes-Benz G-Class
    * Mercedes-Benz 600 (W100) a large luxury automobile of the 1960s
    * Range Rover
    * Rolls-Royce Phantom

Not a bad oul collection if I may say so myself :)

Love the Diablo SE30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Indeed, he's quite a role model environmentalist! Emergency on Planet Earth eh?!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not a bad oul collection if I may say so myself :)

Love the Diablo SE30
    yes but is he happy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

His Environmental argument is that if he owns all of these, only 1 can be on the road at a time. AFAIR, he has a Segway too!

<--- Big Jamiroquai fan here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

kbannon wrote:

I bet he cries into his big pile of money every night :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kbannon wrote:

Thats a good question, you might have all te cash and wealth but is he really happy.
    Where does he make all his money for those cars and houses as he hasnt realeased a song in ages.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    Where does he make all his money for those cars and houses as he hasnt realeased a song in ages.

Current Album is in the Charts - "High Times - The Best of", and he's working in the Studio at the moment.

ned78 wrote:
    Current Album is in the Charts - "High Times - The Best of", and he's working in the Studio at the moment.

Alright,i thought he was finished.he also got banned afew years ago for driving well over the speed limit in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

He seems to have a real love for the motors alright and a bit of a penchant for the Italian metal ( who else could love a Fiat 1000 abarth) but I saw a program where he was driving before - he has a lead foot to say the least !

BTW - The Ferrari F50 is a Ferrari Enzo, I doubt he is lucky enough to have 2 !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

drdre wrote:
    Thats a good question, you might have all te cash and wealth but is he really happy.
    Pretty sure he's a speed freak, thus he gets his highs from speed. ****ing A!

RobAMerc wrote:
    He seems to have a real love for the motors alright and a bit of a penchant for the Italian metal ( who else could love a Fiat 1000 abarth) but I saw a program where he was driving before - he has a lead foot to say the least !

BTW - The Ferrari F50 is a Ferrari Enzo, I doubt he is lucky enough to have 2 !

you are wrong,the f50 is not an enzo and he does have the both.
    http://pictures.exploitz.com/2003-Ferrari-F50-photo-New-York-City-Manhattan--_srcgpx10001x14836x171d8176e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

drdre wrote:
    Alright,i thought he was finished.he also got banned afew years ago for driving well over the speed limit in the uk

IIRC when he got banned he built his own private track on his grounds so he could still drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Apologies, the F50 is a different motor, surprisingly I missed the launch of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

ned78 wrote:

Dear God, no! More banal pseudo-70's lyricless tripe on the way, then?

There's a good vid of him somewhere driving an Esprit with Tiff Needell. Lead foot indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-C7IOhIQKI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Diablo SE30 - I seen one coming back from Mayo just after christmas, I nearly crashed. One of the (IMO) all time great looking cars.. It was Purple in colour.. and so low in the distance it looked like a UFO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

That's a very impressive list of motors to say the least - big respect to the aul JK;)

Although I think I would have eased off on the Ferraris after the first one or two. If I had his money there'd be a hell of a lot of Japanese motors on my list, the Honda NSX for one (a good challenge for the Ferrari too);)

I wonder will he trade the DB5 up for the DB9?:D

Fair play to the space cowboy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not to be pedantic (well, I am :) ) but Jamiroquai is a band , ie more than 1 person.

Stekelly wrote:
    Not to be pedantic (well, I am :) ) but Jamiroquai is a band , ie more than 1 person.

Yes but to be precise Jay Kay himself personally owns all of the motors mentioned by the OP, i.e. not the band as a whole.

Savvy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Tanabe wrote:
    That's a very impressive list of motors to say the least - big respect to the aul JK;)

Although I think I would have eased off on the Ferraris after the first one or two. If I had his money there'd be a hell of a lot of Japanese motors on my list, the Honda NSX for one (a good challenge for the Ferrari too);)

I wonder will he trade the DB5 up for the DB9?:D

Fair play to the space cowboy;)
    Ah JK is a wally! He does like and know his cars alright, but reckons he knows everything and always shows off his cars any chance he gets!
    Now Nick Mason on the other hand, has (and has had) some serious machines, and whats more, he doesn't get people to come and look and take pics of him with them, he actually races them, because he believes that each one was crafted by their makers (and a lot of engineers) carefully and precisly to be driven and their limits explored!

Still though, there's a few I'd change on JK's list - the range rover would go for a start! The 550 would be traded in for a 599, the DB5 would always stay, and a new DBS would be added when it comes out. The hummer and rolls would go. An NSX would be in. Quattro S1 would be added, with a Fiat 131 abarth, Ford RS200, the possibilities are endless! Now if someone would just give me about €2,000,000,000....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tanabe wrote:
    Yes but to be precise Jay Kay himself personally owns all of the motors mentioned by the OP, i.e. not the band as a whole.

Savvy?

I know but the thread title is "Jamiroquai's cars". My point is that they are not "Jamiroquai's cars" , they are Jay Kay's cars.

savvy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Yeah, but he's a bright boy and does the 'Simply Red' thing where he holds the publishing rights and everyone else is essentially on the payroll, hence the cars, his Sussex estate, Denise Van No Knickers, getting headbutted by photographers etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Yeah, he's got a pretty nice collection. He's got a 300SL Roadster, but I'm not sure if he still has the F50 or Diablo SE30...

Jay's SE30 was totalled in London...

se40sa.jpg

Jay Kay's Diablo SE30

Here's Jay's interview on Fifth Gear

Fifth Gear

Here's Jay's Miura on Top Gear

Top Gear

The video for 'Cosmic Girl' featured his F40, Diablo SE30 and F355

'Cosmic Girl'

Jay's Enzo, S/N 132051, is black with green interior, UK registered 'V17 JET'

ferrari20enzo2017ix.jpg

ferrari20enzo2046di.jpg

There's more pictures here...

springsteenmusic.net

overdriver wrote:
    Dear God, no! More banal pseudo-70's lyricless tripe on the way, then?

Well, not to threadjack, but TBH, every pro musician I know, myself included, all agree Jamiroquai produce some of the funkiest tracks around, with very interesting bass lines, good guitar riffs, smooth synth lines, and good lyrics. I think they actually brought a bit of decent music back to the charts, and love playing their stuff on stage whenever I get the chance - which ain't often. At least they're original, unlike Westlife/Shane Ward/Latest XFactor idiot.

And of course JK shows off his cars. Wouldn't you if you had such a collection?

CAR did a feature on him collecting his Enzo from Maranello a couple of years ago. He was offered one of the original run by Ferrari but decided against it, but then saw one at a motor show(?) and contacted Ferrari to say he wanted one, only to be told it was a no go.

A few months later Ferrari phoned him and said they'd had a cancellation and did he fancy it..? Nice call to be able to receive!

Gatster wrote:
    CAR did a feature on him collecting his Enzo from Maranello a couple of years ago. He was offered one of the original run by Ferrari but decided against it, but then saw one at a motor show(?) and contacted Ferrari to say he wanted one, only to be told it was a no go.

A few months later Ferrari phoned him and said they'd had a cancellation and did he fancy it..? Nice call to be able to receive!

A cancellation:eek: , the guy must be dumb.There was a lot of money made from the enzo as they are still fetching over 700k sterling.Lucky Jamiroquai

Probably a dotcommer who ordered it then saw his share price drop to 0.01:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Biro wrote:
    Now Nick Mason on the other hand, has (and has had) some serious machines, and whats more, he doesn't get people to come and look and take pics of him with them, he actually races them, because he believes that each one was crafted by their makers (and a lot of engineers) carefully and precisly to be driven and their limits explored!

Actually he does show his cars, I've seen them on Top Gear, programme and magazine, I've seen his cars on show at the Goodwood Festival of Speed as well as being raced there and the Goodwood revival. In fact he has a selection of cars on show at the Retromobile in Paris next month too. Is anyone here going to the Retromobile next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

junkyard wrote:
    Actually he does show his cars, I've seen them on Top Gear, programme and magazine, I've seen his cars on show at the Goodwood Festival of Speed as well as being raced there and the Goodwood revival. In fact he has a selection of cars on show at the Retromobile in Paris next month too. Is anyone here going to the Retromobile next month?
    Ya, but on request, and not as braggy as JK. Besides, JK brought his Enzo to Autocar to show off with it, and wouldn't let them drive it, despite them having 2 drivers in the camp better than he is. He also refused Top Gear a test in it, despite the publicity he got by topping the star in the liana thing, but he was probably put out at being beaten by a girl and not being let back on the show!
    Nick on the other hand let them have it! (granted it was for publicity for the book, very funny article though!)

Stekelly wrote:
    I know but the thread title is "Jamiroquai's cars". My point is that they are not "Jamiroquai's cars" , they are Jay Kay's cars.

savvy? :)

Jeeze.... you really ARE pedantic!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

ned78 wrote:
    Well, not to threadjack, but TBH, every pro musician I know, myself included, all agree Jamiroquai produce some of the funkiest tracks around, with very interesting bass lines, good guitar riffs, smooth synth lines, and good lyrics. I think they actually brought a bit of decent music back to the charts, and love playing their stuff on stage whenever I get the chance - which ain't often. At least they're original, unlike Westlife/Shane Ward/Latest XFactor idiot.

And of course JK shows off his cars. Wouldn't you if you had such a collection?

I'm a pro musician myself, Ned. And I think it's way too "clever",the way keyboard players' music can be, for instance, and his lyrics are dire. Dire.
    I play bass, BTW. Comparing them to Westlife proves nowt, to be fair. As for originality, it sounds like lots of stuff from the late 70's.

The black Ferrari is breathtaking, much prettier than in red.

• Advertisement
Advertisement