Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats my vw bora worth???

Options
  • 22-01-2007 11:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭

hey guys, im upgrading my car to a BMW 318ci and i'm getting a lot of different values for my VW bora! its 2002 1.9 TDI (red DI model) comfortline, bout 84k miles on the clock, silver and in immaculate condition. any ideas what shes worth????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

wanabe wrote:
    hey guys, im upgrading my car to a BMW 318ci and i'm getting a lot of different values for my VW bora! its 2002 1.9 TDI (red DI model) comfortline, bout 84k miles on the clock, silver and in immaculate condition. any ideas what shes worth????

I'd say approx. 11,000 euro. just a guess...

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

yeah i've been checking all the usual sites cbg.ie, carzone.ie and volkswagen.ie! prices seem to be anywhere between €8000 and €1300! was offered between €7500 but seems very low for a car i payed €12000 for just a year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

To be fair, Boras aren't as desirable as Golfs or Passats, and the mileage isn't exactly low.

colm_mcm wrote:
    To be fair, Boras aren't as desirable as Golfs or Passats, and the mileage isn't exactly low.
    yep, the Bora usually won't fetch as much as a Golf of the same age.

it's high mileage but the TDi is good for 200,000 miles...;)

are you trading in or selling privately?

• Advertisement

was gonna trade it in but they gave me a value of €6500 to €7000 over the phone! so my uncle whos wife recently wrote off their car offered me €7500!

wanabe wrote:
    was gonna trade it in but they gave me a value of €6500 to €7000 over the phone! so my uncle whos wife recently wrote off their car offered me €7500!
    try sell it privately... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd sooner have a Bora than a Golf - I much prefer a saloon. But, alas, the motoring public think otherwise, so a Golf will always have a better resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would chance advertising it privately for a little more than €7,500. The fact that it is a diesel should make it easier to sell.

As others have said the Bora is not as loved as the Golf even though they are both basically the same car. Probably doesn't help that VW try to sell it more upmarket than it actually is and change the name everytime a newer version arrives - Jetta, Vento, Bora and now Jetta again.

sold it today for €8,000 to my uncle! rather him have it then trade it in n c the garage selling it for €10,000 next week! that would just piss me off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

wanabe wrote:
    sold it today for €8,000 to my uncle! rather him have it then trade it in n c the garage selling it for €10,000 next week! that would just piss me off!

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

WOW, that some depreciation - 4K in a year. I recently sold a 318 that i had for a year and made 200 Euro.

X.

yeah depriciation sucks! massive loss for 1 years driving! and to make it worse the bank charged me more for paying my loan off early! just hope my bmw doesnt do the same!

Advertisement