Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I have problems if I uninstall Dell Cine Player

Options
  • 22-01-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there

I have a Dell Dimension 3100C which came with a default DVD player Cine Player from Dell. There was a problem with this player back in December (audio and visual) which required you to download a patch from the Dell website. This seemed to fix all my problems.

Now I have been watchin my DVDs on my PC using my Medusa 5.1 USB Headphones which I am very happy with it until yesterday when I tried to watch a DVD. The audio was terrible, all scratchy and the picture was also shakey. The audio problem only occured when I used my headphones so I decided to install the Medusa software on another machine to see if it was the headphones - it wasnt - the headphones worked perfectly on the different machine not using Cine Player.

I have come to the conclusion that Cine Player is rubbish and I want to uninstall it - however on the Dell forum I have seen people have had problems once they have removed it (Dell does not provide a CD version of the player) i.e. codecs have been removed and they have been unable to watch any DVDs.

Is anyone having problems with Cine Player - has anyone uninstalled and lived to tell the tale? I bought the headphones (which are bloody expensive) so that I could watch my movies in quasi-5.1 surround sound glory and now I'm being let down by my software - any ideas? Anyone have the same problems?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Kevix

PS I have used other players (i.e. windows media, VLC, Media Player Classic) same audio problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

is it only on stuff with 5.1 audio??

I like power dvd myself.

For audio with vlc though google ac3 filter
    it will be the 1st hit.

Advertisement