Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

windscreen replacement?

Options
  • 22-01-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just noticed a 6 inch crack in the bottom centre of my windscreen. Must have happened on the way home .Does anybody know what this will cost to replace. Its a Suzuki grand Vitara
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just call your insurance company and it should be done for free.they replaced my dads windscreen last week for free and no questions asked.and of course its not classed as a claim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As per drdre, your insurance should cover it. I'd imagine the cost would be anywhere from €200 up, depending on who does the job. I find AAA Windscreens the cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Insurance will cover it if you've opted for windscreen cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Skyuser wrote:
    Insurance will cover it if you've opted for windscreen cover.
    Most insurance companies have it as standard for example Hibernian as im with them and never asked for it and my dad never asked for it and its in his policy and he is with Hibernian.Of course if you go for Quinn you will have to pay extra.

Advertisement