Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration Cerfificate

Options
  • 22-01-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I received my registration cert in the post today for my car which I imported recently. The car is registered to me & I intend on keeping it for the foreseeable future. Do I have to do anything with this cert?

The car is taxed & insured and I am awaiting the vlc. When will I get this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Sounds like you have received the VRC, the Vehicle Registration Certificate. This is from the Revenue. All it is for, I think, is too show that the car has had the VRT paid. (I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong). Hold on to it, you myay never be asked to show it, but you never know.

Your VLC, Vehicle Licence Certificate, is posted from Shannon. This may take a while, due to the number of new cars being registered etc. You need this to Tax the car. I find it unusual that you have taxed the car without this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

These are now combined into 1 document which is issued in Shannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Yes it is the Registration Certificate from Shannon but it looks completely different from the Vehicle Licensing Certificate which you also get from Shannon after you've bought a new car/second hand car changed ownership here in Ireland.

Can anybody who has imported before shed some light on this? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The VLC no longer exists as it was absorbed into the VRC a few years ago.

Ah! I see! Thanks for clearing that up for me (last time I bought a car was just over 3 years ago so I was none the wise)!!

Although I do notice on my Registration Cert that they have the make of the car along with chasis number and engine number but no model mentioned!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

i think what you have is what most people call it and know it as is the log book of the car if i am right then its what you need to say the car is your that you own it it should be an a4 page folded over and its green blue and red page with the imported cars all you need to tax them for the first time is the form from the vrt office and your insurance details so its not unusual to have the car taxed without the form you just recieved if you want to put a photo up of whatypu got i can confirm what it is or pm me one

Yup! You hit the nail on the head Mick. What I have is exactly as you described.

Although I do notice on my Registration Cert that they have the make of the car along with chasis number and engine number but no model mentioned!?[/QUOTE]

what type of car is it that is a common thing with imported car when the vro staff put it on the system they dont put in all the details only what comes up on their list and some models that we have here are not called the same in different countrys as in over here we call it a nissan micra but in japan some of them are called nissan march

It's a Nissan 180SX. I think the closest relevance to it here (sold in the UK) is the 200SX.

there you go it the same with some cars if you the letters after the model like se, s e, gl, glx, is so depending on who regged it it could be down as a cheaper model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Tanabe wrote:
    It's a Nissan 180SX. I think the closest relevance to it here (sold in the UK) is the 200SX.

Drift spec! :D

You wouldn't be far wrong;)

Advertisement