Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me pass the NCT

Options
  • 22-01-2007 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

Well all
    My car is due its nct this year, Im going to take it in with out any thing done to it the first time cause I know its going to fail , but just wondering what for.
    I know emissions is the Big one its going to fail for , anything else is fix able.
    Now The Cat has been removed form the car since before I got it. If I replace this for the second test will this be enough for it to pass on emissions or will I have to do more. The engine is pretty well used. 201,000Km 1.6ltr Honda Integra. and since its an import it was more than likely clocked back at some stage so there could be 500,000 km on it for all i know.

So any tips on how to get it through the nct emissions test.

Thanks
    joeface

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

What year is the car.

Why dont you go and get it pre tested for emissions.

Do you know anyone with a Integra with a cat and borrow it off them for the day ;)

After that make sure your electrics are working all round and tyres and suspension is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Its a 1994

suspension is fine and all the electics work ....only real thing is the emissions, but just incase , theres more, The cousin ( mechanic good one too ) always reckons older cars should be take to the test center and not pretested there is no guarantee that if it passes in one place it will pass at the test center. An its better to have the pass with them than a pre-test.
    And yes I know I should be askin him if he can get the car thru but since he is family all he keeps sayin to be is " park it Buy a new one"....Where as if I get the parts and hand them to him he will fix it.

oh thanks for reminding me about the tires Just made a note I need New ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

It might be worth a shot. If the engine is working well ( you never know ), it might scrape through. The emissions limits are much stricter for cars registered after august 1993, but I think a few people with 95 cars and no cats have managed to pass it.

Advertisement