Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 Coil Pack

Options
  • 22-01-2007 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Just wondering what causes a coil pack to go faulty:confused: Is it down to mileage or just a fault. Would it be normal for one to be faulty after 46k miles on a Audi A4:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Hi john,

I seem to recall that about 2 - 3 years the VAG group had serious issues with the product quality regarding the coil packs. It may be well worth check with a main dealer to see if they are still covered under this product issue.

regards

brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

Thanks Brendan, in my case they are still covered under warranty anyway, I just got the car:rolleyes: I was just wondering if they go with higher mileage or was it just faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik the coil issue with VAG cars was only with the 1.8 litre 20 valve engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

bazz26 wrote:
    Afaik the coil issue with VAG cars was only with the 1.8 litre 20 valve engine.

Presume were actually talking coils rather than coil packs?
    The issues VAG were having with the coils was much more wide spreaad than one engine. The 1.4 petrol in the early Mk4 Golfs was also effected.
    VAG extended the warranty on the coils to 5 years in most cases.
    Best off to contact Audi dealer to find out if your covered

Advertisement