Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used A4 TDi

Options
  • 21-01-2007 11:09pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at used A4 diesels at the moment. Anyone got any pointers as to what to watch for with them - known problems etc.?

Also when is the timing belt due on them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PauloMN wrote:
    I'm looking at used A4 diesels at the moment. Anyone got any pointers as to what to watch for with them - known problems etc.?

Also when is the timing belt due on them?

Thanks!
    I know a couple lads with one, a '03 & '04 Avant....haven't heard any issues with them yet. Timing belt is 50k miles from what I remember them telling me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

there are a lot of them in the north for good money also most in the north come with the higher trim level as standard...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

My BIL has one and has had plenty of trouble with it !

This is the fourth A4 he has had, first of the newer models. The glovebox fell of 4 times so far, the sun visor clips broke (need a complete visor) the symbols have all worn off the switches, the dealer told him it needed new discs and pads all round at first service ( it didn't-not cars fault) but it did need a new vacuum pump (€900) when it was 2 months outside warranty-he had to pay for it !

The drivers window failed, the radio CD failed and there has been a judder in the clutch since he got it but they wouldn't do anything about it !

It costs twice the price of my CLK to service every time, to be honest there are certain dealers in dublin who just try to rape everyone at service time. That isn't the cars fault, just be wary, but either way the cars are not built like they once were !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have one for near a year now and no issues thankfully, except that it likes bulbs!! Maybe that it is up on 84k miles that it is time for them to go but I would reckon I have replaced different bulbs now 4 times over the year.

Bar that great car. Also brough mine in from the North with a very high spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Have mine a year also.No probs so far.Brought it in from UK.Good value over there.Belt done at 60k miles.Make sure you go for the 130bhp

• Advertisement
Advertisement