Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad BMW Day

Options
  • 20-01-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

*Sigh*

I thought i was on to a winner toady, seen 518 in the B&S 1990 for 500 new tyres, e/s/r, e/w front and back, alloys needs tlc. went out to Leopardstown, and my heart sank, cuts scrapes dents dings, doors ****ed, boot sprayed with areosol, bits missing, interor that housed a family of cats. i know for 500 you wouldnt be expecting a whole lot, but the fact that the model it was a fully spec'd 518 that looked like it had spent the last few years driving through fields really pissed my off, and it didnt even have the bbs muilti spoke, it had poxy 5 spoke that looked like they were off a ford mondeo:mad:

If i ever become, taiosech- spelling? i'd ban muppets from owning driving even looking at BMW's!!:mad: :mad:

the search continues

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

WTF do you expect for 500euro? Esp with a BMW badge

I'm off to spend around €10k in the UK next weekend, then VRT, at least ill have a decent machine.

500euro? I'll sell ya me feckin tyres for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

From experience, you wont get a serviceable E34 for less than 1500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I know, but the fact that the owner was a muppet really pissed me off, he had thrashed a piece of automotive art!

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A 518 is not art! Some people are cretins who don't give damn about cars.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Volvoboy wrote:
    If i ever become, taiosech- spelling? i'd ban muppets from owning driving even looking at BMW's!!
    I can't see the importers accepting that without a fight. By the way, Volvoboy - for future reference, "needs tlc" actually means "in bits". ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Would you not have established its condition over the fone before driving over to look at balls of ****e. I`d hardly regard them yokes as automative art, more like automotive barges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

E34 Is art!

Meh, lesson learned!:)

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If it sounds to good to be true...

Advertisement