Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accidents

Options
  • 20-01-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the best procedure is to follow if you are ever in an accident. I know there is the legal obligations (and clarification on these might be useful from somone with unfortunate experience) but any advice on how to handle the situation.

For the sake of argument lets say that its only really a fender bender and that no one has been obviously seriously injured on the scene. The reason I say that is that for me if someone was seriously injured I wouldnt be giving a toss about correct procedures although any feedback on this welcome also.

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

What you *should* do is:

1) Take pictures of the cars (before moving them) if you can.

2) Take contact details of any independent witnesses.

3) Try get a garda on scene. Take his/her station, name and garda number.

4) Inform your insurance company.

NB. It is a crime to leave the scene of a serious accident you were involved in.

Advertisement