Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EGR Valve

Options
  • 20-01-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭

Can some tell me how much it is going to cost me to get an EGR valve replaced on a Ibiza.

I have got quoted €335

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There seem to be a few queries on this - googling boards comes up with these - price sounds similar

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

On www.fordmondeo.org, the guys reckon the egr valve is not needed and they suggest disconnecting the rubber hose and blocking it with a bolt, also the hole in the egr itself. Doesn't seem the fail the mot when blocked either. Car runs fine with no errors from ecu..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Armadillo wrote:
    On www.fordmondeo.org, the guys reckon the egr valve is not needed and they suggest disconnecting the rubber hose and blocking it with a bolt, also the hole in the egr itself. Doesn't seem the fail the mot when blocked either. Car runs fine with no errors from ecu..... :confused:
    I think thats just with the mondeo and a couple of other cars. Most cars if you block it you lose power and the engine management light comes on. Guess us Mondeo drivers are lucky in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks for the replies.

Will any gargae to do this I should I go to a Seat dealer??

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Hi,

You do not say what engine you have,petrol or Diesel? A few things that may help you anyway.

Very often EGR valves suffer from a build up of carbon and a good clean can sort them.
    On a lot of VAG cars it is possible to block the EGR and recode the ECU so it does not check if it is working or not.
    A good motor factors may be able to source a new one at a better price than the dealer.

• Advertisement

Its a petrol. 03 Ibiza 1.4L

The place i got it serviced seem to have cleared it as the engine warning light went off but it came back on again.

Its due its NCT next month.

Will this cause it to fail??

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Any warning light will cause a fail of the NCT.
    Go back to the place that reset the light and find out why it has come back on again.

kbannon wrote:
    Any warning light will cause a fail of the NCT.
    Go back to the place that reset the light and find out why it has come back on again.

They never replaced the part all they did was quote me €332 to fix it and they didn't have the part in stock.

Advertisement