Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Question

Options
  • 19-01-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

For the life of me I can't remember but what do you call those plastic covers underneath the car that protect the engine from stones and crap being thrown up.......

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

undertray?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sump cover/protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

A local mechanic calls it a "trousers".

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

On 4x4s they're called Sump Guards / Bash Plates / Skid Guards as far as I know. I think that Sump Guard is the more common of those namse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I just call them the plastic things.

• Advertisement

Just looking, for my own car it is referred to by BMW as the "FRONT AGGREGATE PROTECTIVE PLATE"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

undertray works for me.
    Cheers.

Yaay I win.
    Do I get a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Yaay I win.
    Do I get a prize?

Only if you can tell me why mine is hanging off - coincidentally 2 days after I got the car serviced!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Only if you can tell me why mine is hanging off - coincidentally 2 days after I got the car serviced!
    LOL, call the garage. Does the tray have to be removed to remove the oil or put in a new filter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Mechanics are lazy so & sos...............

Advertisement