Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal proceedings regarding foreign nationals

Options
  • 18-01-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Does anybody else feel the Irish justice system is too leniant with foreign nationals. In the US if you are not American and you break the law you are sent back to whatever country you're from really and you're pretty much not left in there anymore.

I know that with the whole E.U thing it's different but still any foreign national that commits a serious crime should be deported straight away and let interpol deal with it rather than costing the Irish taxpayer the money.

Take for example recently in Cork 3 foreign nationals called an ambulance and when it arrived they seriously injured the paramedics for no reason. These people should be told to f**k off back to their own country for commiting such a serious and sick crime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

The Asylum process is very harsh on non nationals, but it's all done behind closed doors so nobody ever hears about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 btowner

Well in that case it is wrong to keep it behind closed doors the people should be made aware of it to make them think twice about breaking the law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

btowner wrote:
    Take for example recently in Cork 3 foreign nationals called an ambulance and when it arrived they seriously injured the paramedics for no reason. These people should be told to f**k off back to their own country for commiting such a serious and sick crime.
    Can you back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hey, Im a foreign national, and I sure as hell don't need a witch hunt the next time the gov't decides I haven't payed them enough of their life-sucking fees and taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Too lenient with foreign nationals? In terms of driving offences, certainly.

I was in court last month and there was a case in which a (HUGE) Polish guy had been driving with no tax/insurance, and had STOLEN someone elses tax/insurance discs, both of which were from different cars, when asked where he acquired them he simply said 'I found them'

But no 2 year driving disqualification for this guy, a sympathetic reception from the guards and the judge because he had a job and had kids....

And he got 12 months PROBATION :S

Doubt any of us would be treated with the same leniency!

• Advertisement

I knew this would happen im not saying start a witch hunt im just saying to show stricter punishment

You still haven't backed up your claim that foreign nationals are beating up paramedics in Cork. You will be producing a link won't you?

Why the f##k would i make up something like that. The news on this was only covered in Cork really which i was annoyed about. This is the best link i could get but it doesn't say anything about the fact that forgein nationals did this.

http://www1.live95fm.ie/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=79384&pt=n

Your making it sound like im making up that forgein nationals did this but i would equally be condeming anyone doing this. I thought that this would be a relevant point to make in my argument

btowner wrote:
    This is the best link i could get but it doesn't say anything about the fact that forgein nationals did this...

...Your making it sound like im making up that forgein nationals did this
    btowner wrote:
    Does anybody else feel the Irish justice system is too leniant with foreign nationals....Take for example recently in Cork 3 foreign nationals called an ambulance and when it arrived they seriously injured the paramedics for no reason. These people should be told to f**k off back to their own country for commiting such a serious and sick crime.

It's your own words that make it seem that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

This thread serves no purpose, makes no sense and is bordering on an incitement to hatred. I for one think it should be removed. There is absolutely no evidence to support the contention that a foreign national charged with a criminal offence is treated any more leniently than a non-national in the same circumstances.

• Advertisement

I was just saying that Ireland should show the same punishment to that of america to foreign nationals. I have absolutely no hatred towards foreign nationals, i even have a Polish brother in law that i get on great with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭haz

btowner wrote:
    These people should be told to f**k off back to their own country for commiting such a serious and sick crime.

Oh yes, and you're "not a racist but f**k off back to their own country" uneducated pig head might consider whether they should take all their inward investment, job opportunities, medical qualifications, nursing degrees and engineering expertise with them when they "f**k off back to their own country". What a surprise that you justify telling people to "f**k off back to their own country" by claiming to have a foreign in-law - wow, doesn't that accidental relationship just make you Mr Tolerance. Anyone who has spent a Saturday night in A&E will know what disgusting behaviour staff endure, including being repeatedly told to "f**k off back to their own country" by btowner's ilk.

haz wrote:
    Oh yes, and you're "not a racist but f**k off back to their own country" uneducated pig head might consider whether they should take all their inward investment, job opportunities, medical qualifications, nursing degrees and engineering expertise with them when they "f**k off back to their own country". What a surprise that you justify telling people to "f**k off back to their own country" by claiming to have a foreign in-law - wow, doesn't that accidental relationship just make you Mr Tolerance. Anyone who has spent a Saturday night in A&E will know what disgusting behaviour staff endure, including being repeatedly told to "f**k off back to their own country" by btowner's ilk.

Your just trying to make it sound worse than it is. When i said tell them f**k off i was refering to the people who commited the crime not foreign nationals in general. Irish people were once like this in america so i have no problem with people coming in to ireland to work as long as they obey our laws.

This whole argument was about the legal proceedings but people like you have made it sound like im a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

btowner wrote:
    Does anybody else feel the Irish justice system is too leniant with foreign nationals. Take for example recently in Cork 3 foreign nationals called an ambulance and when it arrived they seriously injured the paramedics for no reason.

They should be dealt with like any other person in accordance of law. I agree, that ambulance service and A&E staff suffer a great deal from assaults from drunks & druggies and it is not on. They are there to help people who are ill or injured not drunk & drugged. They get my support.

btowner wrote:
    These people should be told to f**k off back to their own country for commiting such a serious and sick crime.

Is this Miss Goody???? :D

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why should somone just be deported? Surely they should go to prison if they commit a crime
    btowner wrote:
    Does anybody else feel the Irish justice system is too leniant with foreign nationals. In the US if you are not American and you break the law you are sent back to whatever country you're from really and you're pretty much not left in there anymore.
    It depends. Sometimes you'll just be deported. Sometimes you'll just be fined. Sometimes you'll just be sent to prison. Sometimes you'll be imprisoned, then deported.
    I know that with the whole E.U thing it's different but still any foreign national that commits a serious crime should be deported straight away and let interpol deal with it rather than costing the Irish taxpayer the money.
    Isn't Interpol there to deal with serious crimes?

Advertisement