Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus timing belt

Options
  • 18-01-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    i have a Ford focus 1.6 with 95,000 miles on it and I want to get the timing belt done now.The car was only serviced about 2000 miles ago so I am just wondering is there anything else that should be changed at this stage as I intend to hold onto the car for the next two years.Also I have heard that if you get it done by a Ford dealer the it is guaranteed for the next 100,000 miles,is this true and how much am I looking at.Cheers:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bootdown

I think the timing interval for the focus is 60,000 miles. Also i'd be very surprised if they will garantee any work done on the timing belt. Ask them to check the tensioner and idler pulleys too. And maybe the waterpump (though i cant remember if its driven by the t-belt on not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

Belt on the Focus is 100k according to ford, but most main dealers do it at 80k. The tensioners should be replaced at the same time, and yes, ford do pay if one of their belts snap before it should.

The water pump probably won't last 200k, so it might be a good idea to do it. It is driven by the belt on the diesels, but not sure about the petrol.

Advertisement