Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a hen Cockatoo

Options
  • 18-01-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

does anyone know were I can buy a hen cockatoo or the names and phone numbers of people who sell exotic birds in either Ireland or northen Ireland, my mates hen died and the cock is going mad looking for her

cheers
    Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I think the species of cockatoo might be a help, there are several types and birds have to be bonded or they could fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 timber19

sorry Ducorp cockatoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Just be careful where you buy from not saying names but avoid a certain place near Ballymoreustace.

I didn't know there was a place out in that neck of the woods. Ballymoreustace I mean, hm I'd love a Hand reared senegal parrot. Doesn't seem to be that many of them around these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

I think there is a cockatoo breeder listed in the Golden Pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Just out of interest. Did you ever happen to find yourself a hand reared Senegal?
    I just got two beauties of a guy here down south. I actually logged on here to find how to toilet train them (cant sleep, nothing better to do!)

Anyways, my two are hand reared and and serious charachters.
    The guy that breeds them is really sound, and looks after them well as babies.

ciao cioa

radharc05 wrote: »
    Just out of interest. Did you ever happen to find yourself a hand reared Senegal?
    I just got two beauties of a guy here down south. I actually logged on here to find how to toilet train them (cant sleep, nothing better to do!)

Anyways, my two are hand reared and and serious charachters.
    The guy that breeds them is really sound, and looks after them well as babies.

ciao cioa

I didn't find one in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Hi there again

If you are interested I can get that guy to call you. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

You could try contacting the Parrot Society Ireland and seeing if they could put you in contact with a breeder

http://www.parrotsocietyireland.ie/

Advertisement