Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Skoda Superb 1.9TDi

Options
  • 18-01-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Folks ,
    Has anyone here driven or preferable owned one of this wagons and if so how have they found them ? I'm trading in my Seat Toledo for one of these next week and just wondered what owners opinions were. I've read alot of reviews from English websites and even a few threads about fella's deciding between this car and A4's and so on but would like to hear from trusted boarders who are previous or current owners of the cars.

The car I'm looking at is the 100BHP with 53k on the clock FSH. Immaculate inside and out.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have been actively looking into a Superb also. IMO, the advantages over an A4 outweigh the dis-advantages. If you buy a nearly new Superb, and negotiate hard for a good price, you won't get hit too badly for depreciation, which seems to be this cars biggest Con.

The Superb is bigger, usually better equipped, generally more reliable (although this is probably more marginal).

The 1.9 100Bhp will not be the quickest car around, but it will have plenty of power for overtaking in normal conditions. They are wonderfully comfortable on a long journey. I founf the a bit wallowy on the bends, but the car was built as a big cruiser, not a back road burner.

Personally I think these cars represent some of the best value for money around. Badge snobbery is the only reason they don;t sell better and hold their value better.

I'd say go for it. Just check it was not used as a taxi.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The father nearly bought a new one of these, fantastic car but the projected depriciation was a real turn off.

Like a previous post said the only problem we found was a slightly soft suspension set up. We testdrove a 2.0TDi, loadsa power.

Top car but probably best bought nearly new.

Advertisement