Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta

Options
  • 18-01-2007 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

PPL looking at buying a fiesta vtech 2001 40k on clock. Id appreciate opinions on this car and what a good price would be. Am totally clueless about car values.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Not trying to be pedantic here (though essentially thats what it will look like), its a zetec engine you are refering to.

Fiesta with the zetec engine is a nice zippy drive, much more so than the 1.3 pushrod type.
    Are you buying it privately or from a garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

1.25 Fiesta , if thats what it is , Great little car , GF had one very nippy for a small car, quite good handling as well , better that I expected it would be. Not a good thing to talk about but she took on an oil lorry in a head on and it was a tie , both complete write offs , and she walked out with out a scratch( Thank the gods.) so its not bad in a crash either(not something anyone wishes but good to know).

un related , after the accident she got a Brand Spankin new Fiesta 1.25 Zetec and well the car is ruined by ford . New body is too big for engine , Much higher ride so fells a bit unsave around bends, any power it did have has been taken away.Really only suited to city driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had an '00 Fiesta 1.25 zetec, great little engine indeed. The car was low on creature comforts, but great to go and that's what matters :)
    If you can get a Ghia spec one it'd be very comfy I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Fiesta "Zetec" not Vtech is a great little car. The 1.25 litre 16 valve engine was designed by Yamaha and puts out about 74bhp which is quite nippy in the old shape Fiesta.

Avoid the old 1.3 litre 8 valve unit though. It is ancient and originates back to the Ford Anglia of the 1950/60s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

LOL told you i knew little about cars....zetec!!! Thanks for that, still interested in what you would feel would be a good price for same. Dont like the fiesta's myself but have to change my current bomb and as a student have a limited budget, cant be too fussy. €4000???

Oh being bought privately!

• Advertisement

Madflah wrote:
    LOL told you i knew little about cars....zetec!!! Thanks for that, still interested in what you would feel would be a good price for same. Dont like the fiesta's myself but have to change my current bomb and as a student have a limited budget, cant be too fussy. €4000???

Oh being bought privately!

Is this the car by any chance?
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=527170

If they are looking for €4k in a private sale then start off by offering €3k, eventually work your way up to €3,500 max. Be prepared to walk away if they don't budge, the Fiesta is very common so there is always another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

Nope its not actually. Was looking on cbg at a few prices and there is some difference between what is being asked for the same spec. Car im thinking of was through word of mouth. I wasnt thinking of selling but ive 125k up on my own 1999 clio. €3-3500 then! and some are asking for over €6k....think i should become a car wheeler(sic)/dealer and feck this college scrounging:confused:

Madflah wrote:
    Nope its not actually. Was looking on cbg at a few prices and there is some difference between what is being asked for the same spec. Car im thinking of was through word of mouth. I wasnt thinking of selling but ive 125k up on my own 1999 clio. €3-3500 then! and some are asking for over €6k....think i should become a car wheeler(sic)/dealer and feck this college scrounging:confused:

There can be a big difference between the "asking" price and the "selling" price of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

The Fiesta is a great handing small car, although having said that, my first car was a 92 Fiesta, then a 98 Fiesta and then an 01 Fiesta Ghia which was the best one, It was fully loaded and the 1.25 Zetec is an excellent engine. A great feature was the front windscreen demister which cleared the screen on cold mornings in no time.

It does not feel so much like a small car when driving and the handling is excellent I particularly like the feel of the weighted but not heavy steering and the short shifts on the gears.*

Maybe I should get one again instead of current family car which is a reliable but boring Nissan Primera.

*My nostalgia for the Fiesta may be biasing my comments.:)

Advertisement