Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo robbed last night outside my house

Options
  • 18-01-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

:mad:

Car Stereo was robbed from outside my house last night. I paid 450e for it, am gutted.

I have to get a new passenger door as they un-successfully try to wedge it open and I have to get a new rear passenger window.

I went to the Gardas this morning and told me that I was the nineth person to report a car robbery this morning.

He took my name and address and takes it. If we find it we'll ring you.

So if anyone is up in Johnsborough (North of Dundalk) Market on Sunday and see a Silver Sony Stereo, thats probably mine. Am going to head up there anyway on Sunday to have a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

B@stards

Hard luck man,bad enough the stereo gone but the door damaged as well :(

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

cúnts!
    Had you got an alarm on the car as a matter of interest? Did you take the fascia off the front of the radio?

Edit: Just noticed this is my 3000th post! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Happened to me about a year ago now, gutting feeling. When I phoned up the gardai said the same, about 10-15 cars hit the same night. They did recover most of them but not mine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Sorry to hear, happened to me a couple of years ago. Insurance companies are a complete waste of time, energy and money in these situations :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I have no alarm on the car and no I didnt take the face off, didnt think outside my house it would get broken into.

I have learned my lesson though.

Not a nice feeling to know someone has been through your stuff and the fact that they have no problems doing that sort of thing.

Sorry i didnt hear them, i would have loved to beat the feck out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭DrChoda

I hate when that happens.
    However, everyone I know that has had this happen to them, has usually occured outside their own home.
    Removing the fascia is the best option since these cost a lot to replace, not worth it for a thief to take and try to sell without.

I really dont care too much for extra car alarms other than the standard alarm. I assume that my stereo at some point will be stolen so I somewhat consider it a disposable item. The car however I do not consider disposable, so I installed a killswitch for peace of mind. Car isn't going anywhere unless its towed by a thief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

feel for you , have never had my car broken into as i always take of the radio fascia and put a very easily seen t-lock thing on the steering wheel in the hope any potential thief will see that and just move onto an easier target

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sorry to hear that kluivert just be thankful that they did'nt get anything else:o

-VB-

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

kluivert wrote:
    I have no alarm on the car and no I didnt take the face off, didnt think outside my house it would get broken into.
    Most car thefts occur outside the person's house.
    I have learned my lesson though.
    Sad but true. Get an alarm, preferably a two way one that alerts you remotely. Without an alarm, in some ways you're actually adding to the problem by letting the scum think they can do this.
    I really dont care too much for extra car alarms other than the standard alarm.
    Why not? Most standard alarms are useless and because they're fitted to every model of the car by the manufacturer they're well known to the scum and are easy to bypass. Even the key type immobilisers are bypassable, believe it or not. Scum have the internet too.
    I assume that my stereo at some point will be stolen so I somewhat consider it a disposable item.
    Huh? I can vaguely see your point but there are ways to lessen the chances. That idea smells far too much like the oul "ah sure if they really want it they'll take it" line that's trotted out by people who by saying that are passively helping the scum to steal.
    The car however I do not consider disposable,
    Singin from the same hymn sheet here.
    so I installed a killswitch for peace of mind. Car isn't going anywhere unless its towed by a thief.
    Only if it's a) well hidden and b) killing the fuel pump as an ignition kill switch is laughably easy to circumvent.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

After buying a second hand door and poping down to my local panel beater the repair bill for fixing the front passenger door and replacing the rear passenger 1/4 window is €230.

The door was €150 but I dont need it now as my panel beater said that the door can be fixed.

Happy with that, as this lad does great work and its clean. He done my gf's car when it got smashed in the rear during the summer, and wouldnt tell it was tipped now.

Looking around for a two way alarm, today and have sourced a new stereo with bluetooth, :D .

• Advertisement
Advertisement