Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys: Do you shave your cheeks??? [face!]

Options
  • 18-01-2007 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed a lot lately on telly guys shaving their cheeks

Does anyone else do this?

Sorry, its a bit random but it surprised me

Me: Nope!

Do ya shave your cheeks too??? 64 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    65% 42 votes
    Sometimes
    20% 13 votes
    SEVENTEEEEN!
    14% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ehh yeh, if there's hair there i generally would shave it yeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Don't ever shave above your cheek bone!!!

i did when i was young and over eager to shave! now i get hair growth on my cheeks.. its horrible!

i don't shave there anymore....ashamed to say this, but i pluck them. you do it less often and doesn't come back as much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I shave everywhere theres hair. Though, if you draw an imaginary line from the bottom of your nostrils to the bottom of your earlobes, I wouldn't shave any higher than that. Theres little or no hair there anyway (except my locks/sideburns) but I wouldn't want to shave any miniscule hair that might be there and have more of it grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Yup, shave right up to my cheek bone. I have black hair so my stubble really stands out.

abetarrush, throw some manure on to get the growth going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭Archeron

Don't ever shave above your cheek bone!!!

i did when i was young and over eager to shave! now i get hair growth on my cheeks.. its horrible!

i don't shave there anymore....ashamed to say this, but i pluck them. you do it less often and doesn't come back as much!

A lesson learned too late for me sadly. I did this too, and the few that I do get growing on my upper cheeks are sparse, but really really long. If I dont cut or shave them, they end up looking like whiskers off a cat. not nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

rb_ie wrote:
    but I wouldn't want to shave any miniscule hair that might be there and have more of it grow back.

Myth. Facial hair gets thicker and darker as you get older no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Myth. Facial hair gets thicker and darker as you get older no matter what.
    Yeah, I think plucking is worse than shaving for regrowth, cos whenye pluck a hair, you damage the follicle, witch gets stronger when its healed

If only it worked for baldness!

Rabies I do have a little hair on my cheeks, but I never went near it cos I didnt wanna have stubble there

• Registered Users Posts: 34,611 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

abetarrush wrote:
    Yeah, I think plucking is worse than shaving for regrowth, cos whenye pluck a hair, you damage the follicle, witch gets stronger when its healed

If only it worked for baldness!

Rabies I do have a little hair on my cheeks, but I never went near it cos I didnt wanna have stubble there

You quoted Blitzkrieger but didn't understand what he said. Your hair gets thicker whether you shave it or not. Shaving does nothing but remove the hair.
    This myth comes about because young boys start shaving their bum fluff which seems to "make their facial hair grow back thicker". It's bull. They're just experiencing a little thing called puberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ooooh, I feel soooooo girly in this thread! I pluck, but only on Tuesdays.:)

Op, I shave where there is hair (on my lower face and throat that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

:D
    Funniest unintentional comment ever.
    Lol, whoops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Upping this old thread...

I have a good few dark thick hairs pretty high up on my face that are beginning to annoy me now. Would you recommend plucking them, or shaving the entire area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

shave, pluck them if you are gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

shaving is over-rated.
    beards ftw

Moose - I'm actually wondering what the pros/cons of both are...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Moose - I'm actually wondering what the pros/cons of both are...

Of being gay?

.. i shave all.. im not taking a tweezers of my face.

The day i turn into a metrosexual is the day a third testicle drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

What's wrong with shaving your cheeks? That's normal, isn't it? Only people I know who don't shave there are teenagers and very early twenties, and only because the stubble hasn't reached there yet. I surprised there's any debate on this whatsoever. By the way, if you don't shave the wispy stuff on your cheekbones, it appears as a peachey fuzz when backlit. Better to get rid of it. Men plucking facial hair? That's just wrong though. What kind of male role models did these people grow up with? Pete Burns?:confused:

I'm talking high cheek though, closer to your eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

no please dont shave there , as you will start to develop stuble there !!!!
    and eventually you will look like an ape shaving up and down. Just pluck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Placebo wrote: »
    no please dont shave there , as you will start to develop stuble there !!!!
    and eventually you will look like an ape shaving up and down. Just pluck it.
    Shaving doesn't cause hair to grow back any longer or stronger or darker or thicker than it did before. Stubble only exists for a week at most.

I tend to shave upto/onto the cheek bone purely because I think having an obvious line of that downy white crap across your face looks stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Nope I don't, it took me a while to understand ya there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

seamus wrote: »
    Shaving doesn't cause hair to grow back any longer or stronger or darker or thicker than it did before. Stubble only exists for a week at most.

I tend to shave upto/onto the cheek bone purely because I think having an obvious line of that downy white crap across your face looks stupid.

depends on the person, i have a 5o clock shadow under my cheek bone, no matter how close i shave, i wouldnt want that over my cheek bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Everything must go. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

Jay P wrote: »
    Everything must go. Simple as.

yep!right up to mid cheekbone!:p:p

(remember twinlance??haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Hair doesn't grow on my cheeks, unless you're referring to my ass cheeks, I've heard they can get hairy ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yes, and sometimes have to do my ears and shoulders :(

Advertisement