Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations for Mod, Part 2.

Options
  • 17-01-2007 10:31pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This REALLY isnt that hard.

If you want the job put your name in the ring. If you think someone else would be good at the job nominate them and if they accept then they will be considered too.

The job:

1. Clean spam
    2. Resolve local arguments as best you can with as much "fair play" as you can.
    3. Maintain order and civility
    4. Create polls, threads, stickies etc which assist the forum (for things like Darts tournies etc).
    5. Be prepared to see both sides of an argument and bring light rather then heat to it.
    6. Ban persistent troublemakers or users who refuse to adhere to the forum charter.

Let me explain how this works:
    I will review the previous posts of users who are nominated. I will see who has been helpful, non-combative and a positive influence on this forum. The ability to hit small targets from a number of paces away is *not* a requirement.

There will most likely be two independant moderators for extra coverage and for a second opinion on contentious cases.

The decision will be made by me in conjunction with the other admins (Regi, Ecksor, Cloud, Vexorg).

Please do NOT nominate the same person if they have been nominated before. This isnt a vote nor a beauty contest. Popularity does not swing my opinion, prior history on the forum in question in terms of suitability to the job is all that I consider.

Please trust to my judgement. Most of you may not know me but I've been doing this for a long long time and I have a good record at it. :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I would like to nominate Kingp35.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Joe23

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

<Snip my mistake>
    Dev can I be a ADMIN please??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Aristotle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

fade2black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Macker

Kingp35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'd be willing to do it if deemed suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Rooster and/or Carrickman (Kingp35 having already been nominated).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Don't know why we're doing this again!
    Rooster or Kingp35.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're doing this again because people firstly couldn't understand that its a NOMINATIONS threads. Secondly because the information became unclear due to squabbling on that thread. So, I'm restarting the process.

Can anyone who has been nominated please confirm or deny that they are willing to do the job?

Thanks,

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well since so many people nominated me the last time I feel it would be unfair if I dont put my name forward so I would be willing to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

DeVore wrote:
    We're doing this again because people firstly couldn't understand that its a NOMINATIONS threads. Secondly because the information became unclear due to squabbling on that thread. So, I'm restarting the process.

Can anyone who has been nominated please confirm or deny that they are willing to do the job?

Thanks,

DeV.

Everybody understood it was a nominations thread, the title was a giveaway.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Rosco1982 wrote:
    Everybody understood it was a nominations thread, the title was a giveaway.
    You'd think wouldnt you :):)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Rooster or Carrickman

This thread is proof that sequels are never as entertaining as the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Rosco1982 wrote:

I think that was the point.

I've been nominated and I've also said elsewhere that I would have no problem in keeping an eye on the forum.

In saying that, KingP, Rooster and some others are the main men on here and make the site what it is. I'm a regular visitor to this corner of the boards building and will continue to do so, regardless of what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Aristotle was the first name to pop into my head.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Rosco1982 wrote:

I keep having to check back just in case something happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There's no need to duplicate a nomination I know. But Kingp35 took my criticism of him without throwing a wobbler and worked with me to get the small amount of stuff for his event that needs a mod (the announcement currently in sports and site-wide for the week leading to the event) done with good grace despite my having criticised him.

I therefore nominate Kingp35.

Talliesin wrote:
    There's no need to duplicate a nomination I know. But Kingp35 took my criticism of him without throwing a wobbler and worked with me to get the small amount of stuff for his event that needs a mod (the announcement currently in sports and site-wide for the week leading to the event) done with good grace despite my having criticised him.

I therefore nominate Kingp35.

Translation
    - I apologise I was wrong first time around.

• Advertisement

Rosco1982 wrote:

Translation

:rolleyes: Grow up.

fade2black wrote:
    :rolleyes: Grow up.

Just telling it like it is.

Rosco1982 wrote:
    Just telling it like it is.

Things are cushty now, best to say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

See, fade2black ... made to moderate ;)

Made to Janitate!! (Is that a real verb?)

Kingp35, although I really think that anyone nominated would do a good job.

Such a fuss over the Darts forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭The Rooster

DeVore, please do not consider me for a mod.

Thanks for the nominations.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

fade2black wrote:
    Made to Janitate!! (Is that a real verb?)

I like it. It is now an official part of the boards vocabulary :D

Rosco1982 wrote:

Translation
    Translation: I like to rub peoples noses in it. They are bigger then I could ever be.

DeV.

• Advertisement

KingP35 is moderator. Please help him help you all.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement