Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake sale-goes crazy when uploaded to PC

Options
  • 17-01-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

Girlfriend got the cake sale album (im not trying to claim i dont enjoy it!except for the thrills!) but when she put it on her computer to put it onto her mp3 player the album information comes in as gwen steffani the sweet escape album and all the tracks are the names off her album!! has this happened to anyone else?? bear in mind she does NOT have gwen steffani on her computer......its on mine :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It worked fine for me. I'm sure that doesn't help you at all though. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

this is a common error apparently ... it works fine with itunes though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not with that album, but it happened me with The Blood Arm cd, on my computer and my cousins. Im sure a compilation like that might not be up though...if it is a compilation. Might just have to type all the info in yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Happened to me with Mercury Rev 'All is Dream' and Lambchop 'Is a Woman'..

Again, no help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

gucci wrote:
    Girlfriend got the cake sale album (im not trying to claim i dont enjoy it!except for the thrills!) but when she put it on her computer to put it onto her mp3 player the album information comes in as gwen steffani the sweet escape album and all the tracks are the names off her album!! has this happened to anyone else?? bear in mind she does NOT have gwen steffani on her computer......its on mine :D

Happened to me also when i put it on windows media player!

• Advertisement

Just type them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It happens with a lot of albums that have the same number of tracks with roughly the same times. Although I get it a lot with single track albums with completely different lengths, everytime I load one up I get a rake of possible matches on iTunes. And being into the music I'm into it happens regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Mushy wrote:
    Not with that album, but it happened me with The Blood Arm cd, on my computer and my cousins. Im sure a compilation like that might not be up though...if it is a compilation. Might just have to type all the info in yourself

(off topic...OOH the blood arm. have seen them twice; support for the killers in london and support for hot hot heat in edinburgh. eeeeexcellent band :D )

Advertisement