Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent relief

Options
  • 17-01-2007 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Just have a quick question. I am going to claim back tax for rent relief but i am wondering can i do the same when i was in college renting a house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

A person paying for private rented accomodation used as a sole or main residence can claim rent releif.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

sorry to hijack:
    Can I claim rent relief for when I have been living at home and paying rent to my parent without affecting my Mothers back to education grants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Your mothers back to education (second or third level option) scheme will not be affected if you decide to claim rent releif from her (not sure if rent releif can be claimed from a relative though so its best to check this out with revenue)

Advertisement