Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stolen

Options
  • 17-01-2007 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

on sun nite a family members car stolen, one with the doors that lift up not open out, near limerick city, blue over black, fancy alloys as well, cops say they will make contact if they hear anything, recon its stripped by now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

make/model/reg???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Fairly vague description...

Sorry to hear, hopefully they recover it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My car has been broken into 6 times since I've gotten it in August. It's a crappy Nissan Sunny (security wise only. Not had an issue with it other than that) that the door can be lifted easily on plus the key can be cut fairly easily. Sick of it now so just going to buy a new one this week.

I always recommend a lock. If I had not had one on mine, it'd be long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

if it wasnt stolen to tear about in, dont have much detail so cant determine that, it was stolen to strip and is in pieces already i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hope they find it, what car is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

old boy wrote:
    on sun nite a family members car stolen, one with the doors that lift up not open out, near limerick city, blue over black, fancy alloys as well, cops say they will make contact if they hear anything, recon its stripped by now

What a bizarre post.

Are you looking for information or sympathy? Or is it just a public service announcement? We are completely in the dark as to whether this is a DeLorean, a Lamborghini, an old Merc SL or a Civic tarted up with gullwing doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

My money's on a Toyota Sera. I know there are at least one or two in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Its a civic, look at the tags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

zuutroy wrote:
    My money's on a Toyota Sera. I know there are at least one or two in Limerick.

My money is on some modified piece of crap worth about 2 euro.

Doesn't sound like the OP has much knowledge on the motors front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

its a civic, a kids car, point being made was, when contacted the cops said they would ring him if they heard anything

• Advertisement

Robbed from Driver.ie...

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independe...issue_id=15125

A GANG of car thieves is stealing high powered souped-up Honda Civics and stripping them for their parts.

Gardai in Limerick are warning owners of the model to be wary of the thieves who have stolen at least five modified cars in the last two weeks.

A blue hatchback Honda was stolen from outside a home in the Hospital area on Tuesday while a saloon model was stolen from outside a pub in Knocklong the previous day.

The thieves are targeting the cars for the expensive accessories owners have added according to Limerick gardai.

Detectives have so far recovered three cars stolen last week.

All had accessories taken from them. Gardai have appealed to owners to fit immobilisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Sorry to say that anyone who does not have an immobiliser first, and an alarm second, is just asking for their car to be stolen.

Especially any car aged earlier than year 2000.

Yeah, there are ways around immobilisers and no-one bothers to look when a car alarm goes off, but it's cheaper on the pocket than having your car nicked.

franksm wrote:
    Sorry to say that anyone who does not have an immobiliser first, and an alarm second, is just asking for their car to be stolen.

Especially any car aged earlier than year 2000.

Yeah, there are ways around immobilisers and no-one bothers to look when a car alarm goes off, but it's cheaper on the pocket than having your car nicked.

Very true, I bought a Jap import recently and the day I picked it up I had it booked in for an alarm and imobiliser etc.. Every scumbag in the country knows import cars have no security and that anthing older than 97 probably will have no imobiliser.

Advertisement