Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Scholars & the SU shop

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Now, I know the SU shop is moving into the Scholars, but what's happening to the soon-to-be vacated SU shop premises? Also, what's the story with the few shops that are closed in the courtyard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/me reminisces about The Scholars.

Actually have no idea tbh. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 RoryOBrien_85

Is there any way it'll become a pub again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Not at this stage, as far as I know all thats needed for the move to go ahead is planning approval. As to what will happen the current SU shop I haven't heard anything about this. Anyone else know?

Cheers
    Rory

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Wasn't An Phluais going to become a mini-pub of sorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I heard the Paddocks are supposed to be extending into the SU shop, it'd make sense I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

I heard Paddocks is going to be a club for holding events tbh..

Sigh, it'd have all been sorted if some retard hadn't torn down the planning application last semester, put i tback 6 months that did.

I heard that one of Shannon Dohertys eyes is off centre 'cos it's trying to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya An Philus is going to be a kind of mini bar thing. Not have as good as the Scholars tho:(

Sigh, it'd have all been sorted if some retard hadn't torn down the planning application last semester, put i tback 6 months that did.

Was it not 6 weeks i.e. the time allowed for objections to the proposal? The planning application has to be visible for a full 6 weeks and if it happens to disappear 5 weeks into that period it needs to be posted for a further 6 weeks. Not 6 months afaik.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

rmacm wrote:
    Was it not 6 weeks i.e. the time allowed for objections to the proposal? The planning application has to be visible for a full 6 weeks and if it happens to disappear 5 weeks into that period it needs to be posted for a further 6 weeks. Not 6 months afaik.

You're right about the procedure, but it put the development back a number of months. We were meant to have this shop abomination in the Scholars before Christmas, but it was postponed until well after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

what's the scholars?

JoseJones wrote:
    what's the scholars?

I honestly don't know where to begin with that post :(

JoseJones wrote:
    what's the scholars?

WTF!

The Scholars was the pub directly across the SU court yard from the Stables. It was a glorious pub where I had many great nights. It tended to cater for an olders/more mature crowd than the Stables which tends to be full of people with hurleys and GAA jerseys neccesitating the need to fight your way to the bar with knives etc........I'm drunk ignore my rambling post :D

Cheers
    Rory

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

JoseJones wrote:
    what's the scholars?

I....I....I think I just died a little inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

JoseJones wrote:
    what's the scholars?
    A little bit of my soul just died.

We have to keep the legend of the Scholars alive there should never be a comment like that. Everybody should be told how good the student centre used to be!!

Advertisement