Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1 Season 10, Episode 14: Line In The Sand [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well all i can say is i wish SGA aired 14 early instead of yesterday.
    This was a good episode and all but was not what i expected from the way it started out. i thought danial would feature in this episode.
    As usual the ending was predictable

Rate This Episode 11 votes

10 - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0%
    0%
    9%
    Ivan 1 vote
    27%
    PugsleyUser45701senordingdong 3 votes
    18%
    alastair_doomHande hoche! 2 votes
    45%
    superflythelordofcheesePuteqcotwoldKojak 5 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sigh. Arthurian Eastenders.:rolleyes: Same village , much the same plot, same characters, the "weapon" and a storyline that went pretty much nowhere. I think this episode sums up all that is wrong with the whole Ori storyline. Such a pity. I came across 2010 (Season 4) yesterday on Sky1 . Fine episode and a reminder of how good SG-1 has been in the past. IMO there really have been times over the last two seasons when it has been barely watchable. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i actually only watched 2010 last week fantastic episode

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

An OK episode, if not great. Where was Daniel and the orisis??? If there was supposed to be this big storyline for Daniel then where the fu*k was he??

Teal'c seemed to be just tagging along for the ride while the villagers turned out the same as usual (i.e. one troublemaker who thinks by ratting out his friends he will be "saved")

The thing between Mitchell and Carter, throughout the episode once she got shot, only made me think "how good would this have been if Jack was there instead of Mitchell?"

Oh and while we are talking about it, I also caught 2010 yesterday - a truely classic episode. It shows how far SG1 has decreased in quality since then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kojak wrote:

"how good would this have been if Jack was there instead of Mitchell?"

And that sentence is the reason why season 9 and 10 of SG1 suck ass so much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

is_that_so wrote:
    IMO there really have been times over the last two seasons when it has been barely watchable. :o
    There were plenty of times when the show seemed un-watchable, in season 8, season 7, season 6, season 2 and season 1 aswell.

I thought this was a good episode. Nothing spectacular but it wasn't done before, it was a good plot with good twists and some good action, like the old days.
    Kojak wrote:
    "how good would this have been if Jack was there instead of Mitchell?"
    Not very good, those scenes with Jack and Carter have been done to death. Serisouly. Some people really need to get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

anyone else notice that they are using a Dell laptop?

ok ep, same storyline diffrent faces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

toxick wrote:
    anyone else notice that they are using a Dell laptop?

ok ep, same storyline diffrent faces

Yeah, Sam has been using that for awhile. Nice advertisement for dell and their gaming laptops with those glowing blue XPS letters. I wonder if sell provide the Ancient to USB cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

is_that_so wrote:
    Sigh. Arthurian Eastenders.:rolleyes: Same village , much the same plot, same characters, the "weapon" and a storyline that went pretty much nowhere. I think this episode sums up all that is wrong with the whole Ori storyline. Such a pity. I came across 2010 (Season 4) yesterday on Sky1 . Fine episode and a reminder of how good SG-1 has been in the past. IMO there really have been times over the last two seasons when it has been barely watchable. :o

I would agree with this - but while the whole Ori storyline is uber-weak (and an obvious play on the 'Religious war' thats going on in the world right now between the West and Muslim fundamentalism), I reckon SG1 went downhill way before this. Towards the end of O'Neills time on the show, he had really degerated into not really taking the whole thing seriously. He was overly-flippant about everything, and now that they have Atlantis, I think they have gone off on the 'its all a bit of a laugh' attitude with SG1, and left the 'this is a serious show' approach for Atlantis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

whats the story with them showing SG-1 ahead of America and out of sequence?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very average episode. The Ori-Visit-De-Peasants storyline is a bit old at this point, although it was nice to see a familiar face leading them and it also enabled the more toned down Vala to show again, quite effectively.
    The invisibility angle was a little bit unexplained but not in keeping with what we know of available technologies.
    I did think though that the ending was a bit rushed - I know it's an ongoing failing of the show, but it seemed to lack a bit of a punch for a resolution.

I'm with Monsieur Ding Dong on this and think there is a tendency to forget some of the crap that came out earlier in the show's life... or do people think S1's "Emancipation" and "Brief Candle" (for example) are treasured gems? Maybe there's less "great" episodes these days, but I still generally find a good average that lets me enjoy the show without resenting it each week for not being something it possibly never was.
    superfly wrote:
    whats the story with them showing SG-1 ahead of America and out of sequence?
    Umm they've been showing the second half of SG-1 ahead of the States for years. It's nothing new.

Also it's not shown out of sequence apparently. There's a big discussion about it here on digitalspy.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Also it's not shown out of sequence apparently. There's a big discussion about it here on digitalspy.

Happened last year as well there was 3 or else 4 Trust/NID episodes and they did not air in the correct order. didn't make much of a difference tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Does anyone know where this latest piece of ancient tech came from? It's not the device that daniel half-built, as far as i can tell, but i can't remember it being in the show before.

I know the writing has gone downhill, but i don't think it's gotten so bad that they conjure up plot hooks from thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

The piece of Ancient tech was from Arthurs Mantle - 9x18
    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/918.shtml

Does anyone know where this latest piece of ancient tech came from? It's not the device that daniel half-built, as far as i can tell, but i can't remember it being in the show before.

I know the writing has gone downhill, but i don't think it's gotten so bad that they conjure up plot hooks from thin air.

Actually you are kinda right but if you look at the episode number this episode was originally supposed to be episode 14 but as aired as episode 12 instead (the episode RIGHT after the weapon was 1/2 built)

Im sure that the time between th end episode episode 11 and the start of episode 14 was enough time for carter to put together a rough version of the weapon as we saw in this episode it was not even working properly after 3 episodes spent working on it

That's the production order you're thinking of, not the airing order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

ai ing wrote:
    The piece of Ancient tech was from Arthurs Mantle - 9x18
    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/918.shtml

cheers for that, another mystery solved.
    Though i watched that episode, and completly forgot about it, i used to be good at remembering this kind of stuff....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I actually thought it was quite a quality episode, much improved on previous filler episodes thus far and dont even get me started about Atlantis... but one thing does puzzle me.

The episode numbers/release dates.

According to some people this is episode 14 whereas according to others its episode 12. Then I'm hearing that Sky are airing this as episode 12 and others are not. If this is a continuation from the whole merlin plot and daniel being captured, then where did this phase shifting device come from? I seemed to have missed quite a bit about the whole development of it...

And if this is, in fact, episode 14 then what the hell happened? :(

All of those questions were already answered in this thread.

Advertisement