Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Sport Hatch

Options
  • 16-01-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got an Opel Astra sport hatch (new model) over the weekend.

I want to make it look a bit better, add a few bells and whistles.

Any opinions as to what I could/should do?

I was thinking of a window tint? I got a quote for €250, for a 40% tint.

Might get alloys....17" maybe? Any recomendations?

Maybe skirts??

I don't want to go OTT, just subtle upgrades.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hey there, nice choice of car. Hope it was the sri tdi.

This is the only kit i like for this car. i think its not over the top. Although i would go for a smaller spoiler

astra-gtc-2.JPG

The views of the kit and more info can be found here

For the alloys, i would go for these only if the car is black though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey,

Thanks for the links!

No, its 1.6 Sxi.

That kit looks lovely...do you know is there anywhere in Ireland I could get my hands on it??

The car is black, but I'm not crazy about black alloys. I like the look of some of the OZ alloys.

What do u think of the window tinting idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭clarkey1980

jamieh wrote:
    Hey,

Thanks for the links!

No, its 1.6 Sxi.

That kit looks lovely...do you know is there anywhere in Ireland I could get my hands on it??

The car is black, but I'm not crazy about black alloys. I like the look of some of the OZ alloys.

What do u think of the window tinting idea??

http://www.steinmetzdirect.com/products.asp?model=19

You can get the kit off them. I bought my wheels there. Not sure what the shipping will cost over here. They are based in Norfolk.

Try this website too. Absolutely anything you need to know about your astra can be found on here. Some Irish members too.

http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Yea i would go ahead with the tinting, i find tints really only suit a black car anyway. €250 is not a bad price anyway.

You would prob fit 18" wheels no problem if you wanted to fill the arches, but if you are using back roads a lot id stay with 17".

That kit is nice - not mad about the roof spoiler, id keep the lines clean.

Oh and im getting one of these cars in June - cant wait!!

Advertisement