Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Station Market Share

Options
  • 16-01-2007 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Would anyone know the current market share of all the different TV stations in Ireland, if not would you know where I could go and find that info.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Christ TV3 is ahead of RTE2. Presumably from the ten percent of the poulation that watch soaps on a regular basis.

Yes Coro St and Emmers make up much of TV3 share as do the ITV Reality Shows.

RTE Two are in second position for 2006 due to The World Cup, Rodge and Podge, DH, Lost and other Sporting Shows.

However it will prob go back the other way for 2007 as TV3 have rights to the Irish Games at the Rugby World Cup, and setanta have the rights for all of the world cup matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

But now that ITV have lost their stake in TV3, RTE could win the rights to the soaps in Autumn. If that happens, TV3 are screwed.

Well it will be another few years before RTE get to bid on any of ITV's rights with a few exceptions. TV3 have the rights for another few years, however they haven't stated when their current contract with ITV for their shows will run out. (Or at least I haven't heard)

http://www.tv3.ie/media.php?action=news&id=100

I hope if and when those rights do end that RTE do not buy the rights, IMO RTE shouldn't be showing even EastEnders, they need something more creative on RTE and their are far better shows from Britian then Soap. (Well a few at least).

• Advertisement
Advertisement