Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draw Made For Gilbralter Players Championships

Options
  • 15-01-2007 9:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The draw has been made for this weekends tournaments to be heldin Gibralter. Dutch trio Michael Van Gerwen, Jelle Klaasen and Vincent Van Der Voort willmake their PDC debuts in the tournament.

Mick McGowan has been dealt very tough draw in both tournaments as he has Barney on his board in both of them. He will more than likely have to beat Barney to progress.

The full Draw can be found by clicking link below.

http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/LatestDetail/0,,10180~965199,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I see from the draw that Mick is now ranked 32:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Barney has won his third straight Tournament after winning Saturdays tournament in Gibralter by beating Adrian Lewis in the final. The three new dutch lads in the PDC had decent enough debuts with Klaasen losing in the last 32 to Manley, Van Gerwen losing in the last 16 to Scholten and Van Der Voort losing in the last 16 to Lewis.

Irelands Mick McGowan lost in the last 32 to Barney so he picked himself up £150.

All the results can be found here:
    http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/LatestDetail/0,,10180~968331,00.html

Dont forget there is another tournament in Gibralter on Sunday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

With the three PDC boys, Klassen, Van Gerwin and Van Der Voort all playing in the PDC event in Gibralter, where does that leave the BDO now? Especially with them looking to sue Klassen?

Or was all that just a load of hotair???

Flair play to Barney, glad to see he picked up another title. Hope he keeps this form going into the Premier League. Looking forward to seeing him play Taylor again.

Can't wait for the 1st Feb for it all to kick off.......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think they will try and sue Klaasen but I dont think that they will win.

Andy Hamilton won Sundays event to claim his first ever Pro Tour Title. Barney was beaten by Van Gerwen who was eventually beaten in the quarter finals so it was a decent start for him in the PDC. Klaasen went one round better this time when he lost to Colin Osbourn in the last 16. Osbourn himself was beaten in the semi-finals.

Disappointing from an Irish perspective as Mick McGowan was beaten in the first round by an unknown player. He picked up no money at all because of it and so ends a disappointing weekend for him.

Full results can be found here:
    http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/LatestDetail/0,,10180~968462,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Taylor pulling out to push McGowan into 32nd seed was certainly no blessing.

It was Kirk Shepherd who beat Mick on day 2.

He's a former World Youth Champion and in 2005 and 2006 he won BDO young player of the year (basically means the best young player on the county circuit). Shortly before Christmas he was offered a sponsorship deal by Unicorn, subject to joining the PDC. So thats what he did, much to the disappointment of the BDO as he's considered on of England's brightest young darts players.

He's only 21 or 22, so I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him in years to come. Obviously Mick would have hoped to beat him, and I think usually would beat him, but certainly no shame in losing to him.

Decent start for both Klaasen and MvG. Amazed at the resurgence of Warriner - he took some big scalps on Day 2, I thought he was finished and would be out of the top 32 by the end of the year. I think its very significant to see Hamilton take his first PDC title. He is arguably the strongest player in the PDC at this moment, barring the big 2. I believe he'll make a major final in 2007.

• Advertisement
Advertisement