Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So much for road safety...

Options
  • 15-01-2007 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Sorry bit of a rant here, but cant stop thinking about it...

I was on the Cork to Dublin journey this morning... Anyway somewhere between Urlingford & Castletown a Merc started to tail gate me. I was keeping a safe breaking distance between me and the truck in front of me, even though we were both doing the limit. In fact there was a convoy of about 3 trucks in front of me.

Anyway the Merc overtakes (and to my recollection on a continuous white line) me and then cuts me up. I had to break to avoid a collision. So why did it have to cut me up??....because it had to swerve in to avoid a Squad Car:eek: coming in the opposite direction.

What happened?.. the Squad continued on its merry way and the Merc continued with its dangerous overtaking manoeuvres all the way to Durrow.

You know sometimes I wonder where the Gardai's priorities lie wrt Road Safety :rolleyes:

Rant over!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I suppose you didnt happen to take the reg of the merc - call into the local garda station and make a complaint of dangerous driving and agree to act as a witness in court for the prosecution?

Its the very same as a Garda taking a prosecution against a driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mr. Pseudonym

i got some of the reg, make and colour, so I dont know if thats enough. Might take a wander in anyway to see if thats enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They may well have been heading to a call. It'd be a bit like an ambulance heading to a heart attack and stopping at a car crash instead.

Plus as above, if you are that outraged, you should have reported the guy. to me, the more serious threat to my safety would have been the tool dangerously overtaking.

Advertisement