Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Conan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I've been keeping an eye on it - a Thief like MMORPG is something Ive been looking for ever since...Thief I guess. Itd be even better if theyd steal the magic system from Arx Fatalis, but cant have everything I guess.

Just hope the magic isnt the fireworks and flashing lights effect. Nothing more guaranteed to murder immersion than the anyone using some power/ability lighting up like a christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'm hoping they up the tempo from what AO was like anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Sand wrote:
    I've been keeping an eye on it - a Thief like MMORPG is something Ive been looking for ever since...Thief I guess. Itd be even better if theyd steal the magic system from Arx Fatalis, but cant have everything I guess.

There is something like it. You don't just stand there and click a spell button. It requires you to join up spells and do some sort of button combos. If it goes wrong your f**ked! :D Some spells when they go wrong will kill you, the way it ought to be.

For melee combat it is much the same. Requires combo moves as well as moves you learned along the way. There is also finishing moves. They based it off God of War. So use your imagination with the finishing moves and general combat feel :)

There will be a whole new website being done for the game too. Some of the features which are either being developed or have been are:

Ability to look up information on guilds
    (How many in a guild, motto, levels, professions, classes)

Ability to look up character stats on your own character from outside of the game

Ability to check status of items you have on auction from outside of the game

The ability to check stats for your server
    (numbers of each class, alignments, level of characters etc)

The ability to view your personal achievements from a web site
    (number of deaths, number of kills, quests completed, goals achieved)

The ability to view your skills, armor and weapons from a web site

The ability to manage/view a guild calendar from outside of the game

The ability to upload a guild logo to the community site

The ability to create and edit your own bio on the website that is seen by others

And maybe,
    A special Conan communicator that allowed you to see when your friends from the game were online and allowed you to communicate with them out of game. It might also being news and voice options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Yeah, this is the main MMO I'm looking forward to. It has a cool low fantasy look to it (swords and monsters). Plus the actual world it's set in looks like it'll actual be fun to explore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

There is something like it. You don't just stand there and click a spell button. It requires you to join up spells and do some sort of button combos. If it goes wrong your f**ked! Some spells when they go wrong will kill you, the way it ought to be.

For melee combat it is much the same. Requires combo moves as well as moves you learned along the way. There is also finishing moves. They based it off God of War. So use your imagination with the finishing moves and general combat feel

Yeah, the videos you linked have been helpful. I can see its not quite how I thought it might be. Sadly the christmas tree effects seem to be present and accounted for, which tbh I think doesnt fit with the Conan material but hey, I dont own the copyright.

Still, I think I will make a purchase/trial account and give it a test run. I like that magic users go into a "trance" state that leaves them effectively defenceless. Hopefully ensures they wont be solopwnmobiles and will be rather more essential gang members who need grogs to keep them safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Beta applications are been taken. Cant get a link because im in work. Should be able to google it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Looks pretty good so far.
    How it's pvp handles will probably be the deciding factor for me on whether I play or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Advertisement