Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer attitude

Options
  • 15-01-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Was helping a mate find a new car on sat.
    Went to one dealer who asked "Why would I want your 99 car on my lot instead of the nice 03 your asking about".

I must be confused because I thought trading in your old car for a newer one was the idea ??
    Are dealers getting so snobby here that you have to now have a better car then them and want to give them cash to trade down? :rolleyes:

Personally I will stick with private sales thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What was this dealer an agent for, what was your mate looking to buy, and what was he trying to trade?

That's an incredibly bad attitude being shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

RobAMerc wrote:
    Was helping a mate find a new car on sat.
    Went to one dealer who asked "Why would I want your 99 car on my lot instead of the nice 03 your asking about".

I must be confused because I thought trading in your old car for a newer one was the idea ??
    Are dealers getting so snobby here that you have to now have a better car then them and want to give them cash to trade down? :rolleyes:

Personally I will stick with private sales thanks...

Some dealers have a real attitude problem these days. Also alot of garages don't want cars that are 5 years or older on their forecourts. At this time of year new cars with SSIA money burning a hole in people's pockets, new cars sell themselves and are running out of showrooms as quick as they arrive so some dealers are simply not interested in the "small" or less profitable sales. Take your business somewhere else, there are still decent garages out there that consider any sale made as good business.

Advertisement