Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help me decide between these two cars!!

Options
  • 15-01-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I'm a first time car buyer. I have been looking for a cheap used car for a while. Finally I have narrowed down my choice to two cars. They are:

1. Fiat Punto, Make 2001, 42K, 1 owner, 4 new tyres, €3,950 from a dealer
    2. Nissan Micra 1.0gx, Make 2000, 38K, 2 owners, full service history (serviced every 18 months, no major problem), €4250 from a private seller

Now I'm confused about which one to go for. This will be my first car so I don't have good idea about cars. I could really use some help in this regard. Thanking you in advance!!

Regards
    Emon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

I know nothing about Punto's but i had a micra many moons ago. It only ever had one problem where it needed a gearbox replaced. Cost 400 old irish punts for a reconditioned one. Apart from that it only required the usual maintenance costs.

I bought it when it was about 3 years old and we had it for nearly 10 years clocking up nearly 200,000 miles on it. I drove the nuts off it and it just kept going and going and going. I was astounded when the missus got 500Euro for it when she traded it in (i was going to scrap it!).

my vote is for the micra.

Advertisement