Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summons to court

Options
  • 15-01-2007 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

about a year ago my partner was stopped for not having tax up to date. he explained that he had sent it off in the post a few weeks back and was waiting for the disc to be sent out.
    the garda decided to let him away with it and just said that he needed to show his insurance cert in his local garda station within a certain amount of days.
    he went to the local garda station anyway and showed the cert. the garda went off with it and typed some things into a computer.

last week he recieved a summons to court for failure to produce cert.

he is goin to go down to the local garda station this week to ask if they have record of him showing the certificate.

anyone know if he will be able to get out of the court date since it is their mistake or will he have to go along anyway and explain the situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Very similar incident happened to me – produced all the stuff and got a summons for failing to produce:

1) go to the station and ask if they have any reference to you being there – the main point is that you were covered licence, tax and insurance (I assume)
    2) You cant get out of appearing in court, on the summons the Garda Number will be in it – try and find him/her before the case and show all the relevant documents. Its really a simple process

Don’t sweat it – if you produced the stuff – then its cool – it s the ‘administration’ that’s at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,825 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We're still calling them 'The Man' last I checked :) sounds like a simple paperwork snafu - don't freak a micron about it.

Advertisement