Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 bed semi extension????

• 15-01-2007 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,
    I live in a standard 3 bed semi about 10 years old. I was wondering if I would need planning permission if I would extend the two rooms at the back (kitchen and dining room)

Also, is going direct labour the way to go?

Also, any pictures of something similiar?

Any really rough ideas on price. What is the cheapest I could expect to do it for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

u will need planning permission if it is over approx. 25 sq. m. and as long it is under a certain height and u havent extended before. ]

Ring Co. Council for full details.

Approx. prices, direct labour would be €75 - €100 per sq. ft.

Have a look around at your neighbours or at a similar housing estate, u'll surely find something like what u want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,315 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Providing the house has not been previously extended you can build up to 40 sq. meters to the rear without planning permission.

The main conditions to this are: Any first floor extension cant exceed 12 sq. meters, windows on first floor extension to be 11 meters from neighboors boundary, height of extension not to exceed height of existing house, min. 25 sq. meters open space/garden to retained to rear of house.

There are some other minor conditions that would also need to be adhered to also

Advertisement