Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Arcade Fire album

Options
  • 14-01-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this has being posted before, delete if it has.

Few tracks have leaked onto the net. But the band themselves have uploaded a video onto youtube with some snippets of their tracks, sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61aaEq1rLxw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

ye.. website for the album is pretty interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

When's the album out?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

march 5th in uk, friday before in ireland which is march 2nd.

album is quite good from what i've heard.

there's a live version of "intervention" on youtube which is outstanding.

there is also another track called "black mirror" on the arcade fire website

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

No cars go is taken from the EP but seemingly its been remixed/remastered a bit

JoeyD wrote:
    No cars go is taken from the EP but seemingly its been remixed/remastered a bit
    yes it is, and it sounds absolutely immense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

arcade fire is an mcd artist isn't it? this might be closed real soon.
    the release date is earlier for ireland because that's where they kcik off the neon bible european tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

the album is released earlier because they are always released here the friday before the monday that they are released in the UK

as for the MCD thing, im pretty sure the ban doesnt extend to talking about a band who just happen to be playing a gig for MCD

only the irish gig is not allowed to be talked about, everything else is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

^What cremo said. Now stop mentioning MCD please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Really looking forward to this also along with the new bloc party album, if its half as good as funeral it will be brilliant. playing a few tracks on tom dunnes show last week or two, not sure of the names, its instantly recongnisable, they have such a great sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

New bloc party album not as good as first - heard a full preview on an online radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

thewing wrote:
    New bloc party album not as good as first - heard a full preview on an online radio station

The first time I listened to it I thought the same thing, but after a few listens its an amazing album.

Give it a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭goodfela

Totally agree - new bloc party album is great. lot more production than first album but top class after a few listens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sweetleilani

What do you all think of some of the members side project? Bell Orchestre? I saw them live in Montreal. I like them. But very different from arcade fire. ;) Anyways nice background music for at home. The live show blew me away, even while i was standing in the rain :)

Shannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

albums leaked.... and its very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You love it so much that you draw attention to it on a public messageboard? Not that that particular site is a big secret or anything but jeez.

Pretty pissed off that their tour will bring them nowhere near me.

i'm going to hold out, i've been offered the leak and also a bootleg of a secret concert they did where they played the album.

on the other hand i've heard intervention, black wave/bad vibrations and no cars go.

from them three it sounds like a good album but knowing the likes of NME and Kerrang they'll blow it out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have it on right now on random and it's stupendous!

The last three i've heard - 'Black Waves, Bad Vibrations', 'Ocean of Noise' and 'The Well And The Lighthouse' - are just fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Armstrong

This album is fantastic. Better than Funeral and i never tought i'd hear myself say that.

Ocean of Noise is amazing

It truely is powerful...

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Thread locked. Discussion of MCD events and where and where not download leaked albums is not allowed. Have some cop on people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement