Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're A Star - Grrrr!!

Options
  • 14-01-2007 8:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I stuck with You're A Star on the telly at the mo cos the gf is watching it and its making my blood boil. I dont watch it and its the first time ive ever had to but i cant believe this tripe is on the telly.

* why do the judges seem to applaud really poor performers and knock the stronger performers.
    * Linda martin almost appears sexist as she slates the men (unless she thinks they're hot) and compliments all the women
    * the sound mixing of the performers (particularly the bands) is dire. Its like a school kids effort
    * the judges seem to knock the performer if they dont like the song.
    * linda martin with one of the poor female performers, told her she was great but told her not to try sing a rock song or, get this, an original song???

Really is dire, dire telly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have to wonder why people still seem surprised by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I dont watch it and its the first time ive ever had to but i cant believe this tripe is on the telly.
    I have to wonder why people still seem surprised by this.

whhaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

yea, the judges are shocking

i only watched cos a friends little bro is on

it was shocking

half the acts couldn't sing - hopefully just first night nerves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Argh! Don't get me started on this sh!t. I nearly smashed the tv last night. I agree with what you said AND as for the boyzone presenter? Did he even do a screen test? Did RTE have any standards? He's just total tripe reading off the screen.
    Oh and Brendan O Connor sweared twice and in between the two times he cursed he mentioned how the program was family entertainment. Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

yeah my sister swore he said "Thats b()lix" at one point, i wasn't in the room at the time so i'm Clueless but its not necessary, my old granda used to say its the sign of a weak mind when you can't find one word in the whole english language that'll do better than a curse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement