Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo - Running up that hill

Options
  • 14-01-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Just saw this song on the OC earlier (my gf made me watch it), ive heard the live version lots of times but after hearing the studio version on the tv i decided to download it and i must say that it is awesome, a really good cover version and much better than when they sing it live.

I recommend a listen if you havent heard the studio version.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Where abouts did you download it??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Not a patch on the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

lordgoat wrote:
    Not a patch on the original.

you think? Your the first person ive heard say that. Well i think its brillaint, Brians voice is perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I prefer the original. It's a good cover though, I'm quite surprised as I don't really like Placebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

it is a great cover, i prefer the original whch is weird cos i love placebo, but it is a great cover. i love their bigmouth strikes again, i think im alone in preferring that cover to the original..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

You're not alone doonothing! I prefer Placebo's version of Bigmouth Strikes Again too.

I agree that their recorded version of Running Up That Hill is better than the live one but I prefer the original. They do a pretty good job though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

they do good cover versions,

I agree Bigmouth strikes again was great.

Johnny and Mary wasnt brilliant though.

Where is my mind was ok, but not to different from the original Pixies version.

Daddy Cool was a bit of a surprise for a b-side and I think it was really good.

But its the best cover of Running up that hill, as you say the original was really amazing but Placebos is more my cup of tea. the live version does it no justice as when played live Brian sings it really high at times which makes it more "real" than the studio version, if you know what i mean!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Kate Bush has one of the greatest voices ever. Brian's voice is good but in all fairness nowhere close. I liked daddy cool though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Where abouts did you download it??

Please don't ask for nor give out addresses for download sites unless it's legal. Black NG-60-90, try iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Yea, it's a good song. Although, I have nothing to compare since I've never heard the original

• Advertisement
Advertisement