Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platform 11 Website and Forums

Options
  • 14-01-2007 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

We're having trouble with the Gerbil that powers the website. A new wheel has been ordered and should be arriving soon and a substitute Gerbil has been requested from Whackers Petshop as a precaution.

Meanwhile, please do not buy any ladders or other such things you'll be advertised when clicking www.platform 11.org The committee will not stand over the availability or dispatch and/or quality of such goods.

Sorry about that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Next years gerbil was ordered in good time in early December seems to have gotten lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

It's gone again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Phew - I thought the last few months had been a dream-or Derek had done a runner with all the tenners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭strassenwolf

Gerbils?

Should this be in "animal and pet issues"?:D

Gerbil is back in his cage and motoring along for the last 30 minutes or so

Site was never offline meerly one of the those strange DNS things, IT guru Paul sorted it first thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

We're having trouble with the Gerbil that powers the website. A new wheel has been ordered and should be arriving soon and a substitute Gerbil has been requested from Whackers Petshop as a precaution.

Meanwhile, please do not buy any ladders or other such things you'll be advertised when clicking www.platform 11.org The committee will not stand over the availability or dispatch and/or quality of such goods.

Sorry about that.
    the bad URL link doesn't help either. You have a space in the link!
    M

Well it wasn't as if we wanted you to visit the site at time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

gibo_ie wrote:
    the bad URL link doesn't help either. You have a space in the link!
    M

I dont be the technical guy dont yew know.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I dont be the technical guy dont yew know.
    He means you typed "platform 11.org" instead of "platform11.org"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

But sure I dont know who they are. Everytime i type it into Google I type "platfrom11"

What would I know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭strassenwolf

Still looks like a stand-in website, boys. Nothing like the old one.

Are you sure you're feeding that gerbil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Stressenwolf: I had to clear my internet cache to get the page displaying correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

I got as far as Holyhead with the tenners and turned back. Met the gerbil on the way, muttering something about industrial relations, wheels and popebenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Maybe the Gerbil needs an anorak as well its cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

shltter wrote:
    Maybe the Gerbil needs an anorak as well its cold

We gave him the Dublin Bus version. Maybe thats the problem. I'll see if Irish Rail can give us one. Mine has too many badges on it. Might hurt himself.

Advertisement