Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry Bruckheimer's "Justice"

Options
  • 13-01-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Jerry Bruckheimer's "Justice" about a law firm is pretty interesting.

It is on RTE on Thursday nights.

It is more compelling than some of Bruckheimer's other TV work.

Has anybody else seen this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Liked it alot.

Yep - liked, now past tense.
    Sorry, Cork :)

I blame Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. thought this was very promising.

But inevitable it would be axed... had poor ratings from the start.

Was suprised Fox aired the remaining episodes they filmed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I did watch the first 4 or 5 episodes and while it was initially compelling, I found that the whole cynical publicity at any cost wears thin very quickly. A bit too dramatic and extremely cynical IMO especially the Victor Gerber character. I can see why it might have been axed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Saw the first episode there a couple of weeks ago, a kind of rehash of the OJ Simpson story if I recall. It was ok but the market is becoming increasingly saturated with legal/crime dramas and I don't feel there was room for one more. It was a mix of CSI forensics and Law & Order trial scenes. The US networks are producing this kind of stuff by the truckload and ,for me, there was just nothing new about it. The part with the jury selection/shadow jury was a bit more detailed as were the in and outs of the trial itself but this was done before on Law and Order:Trial By Jury> That only lasted for 12 episodes before it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I didn't think this was very good. I found the news interview very smug and unnecessary.

I thought that the first episode could have spand across 4 episodes.

As a Court Room drama it doesn't come close to The Practice at its height, where the writters weren't afraid to allow long running stories mingle with short contrived ones.

As for Law&Order TBJ that was just dreadfully poor, a last ditch attempt at trying to continue to milk that series and increase NBC's falling ratings in the US.

I will watch it again, But as usual RTE have put this on after 11pm. Strangely their press release stated it was one of there big shows for the season and would start on RTE Two yet it begins on RTE One????

• Advertisement
Advertisement