Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearts V Celtic

Options
  • 13-01-2007 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I've got 4 wins of 5 on a accumaltor and I stand to win $5k profit if Celtic win tomorrow. Don't want to risk losing $5k and would be happy with €2.5K. How would you spread the bet on this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

I think (not sure) u could just ring the bookies and tell them and see if they offer you a 'walk away' amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Have you a betfair account - you can lay Celtic to win at 2.12. Alternatively back Hearts on the handicap with whoever is giving the best odds - try www.oddschecker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I placed the bet online with Paddypower and I'm not sure if I can do this. I was thinking of using betfair.com and lay bet against celtic. I'm not sure exactly how lay bets work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Just lodge €2500 into your betfair account and then go to the celtic v hearts game, click on the pink square which has the odds that celtic are currently trading at. This is the second pink square down - it currently has 2.16 in it, meaning you have to give someone 2.16 (almost 6/5) on celtic to win. After you do this the right hand column will change and you can enter the amount you want to lay - (i'd not lay the full 2500). you can also trade during the game, if for example celtic take a 1-0 lead, you'll be able to trade out at a better price, eg. celtic lead 1-0, their new price is 1.5, so you could lay them for 2500, but your liability would only be 1250.
    Hope this is clear, but it may not be!! Actually, you can ring the bet in, that'd be the easiest way and their staff would talk you through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If you lay Celtic you win money if its a draw or Hearts win. You can lay them at 2.16.

to win 2,5k it will cost you 2.9k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Let it ride mate. A gamble is a gamble. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Use the hedge calculator on www.oddschecker.com to work out how much you need to lay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

DonJose wrote:
    I've got 4 wins of 5 on a accumaltor and I stand to win $5k profit if Celtic win tomorrow. Don't want to risk losing $5k and would be happy with €2.5K. How would you spread the bet on this one?

Let it ride.

Thanks all, I'll most likely let it sit, if all goes well I can pay of the Xmas CC bill ;) If not I'm down €600. Celtic have ex-Hearts captain Pressley playing tomorrow plus Rangers are a new team now that Smith is back, the season isn't over yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Bateman wrote:
    Let it ride mate. A gamble is a gamble. :)

I agree with that. Have faith In the hoops mate :)

Although they do have a bad record against them :(

Goodluck

• Advertisement

I had the balls to bet against Man U at parkhead, so I'll go along for the ride. Bad record indeed, they lost the last fixture 2-1 but hopefully with Elvis playing, he can swing things in their favour.

You not even going to trade for your stake money?

Anyone got a link for the game?

On http://www.rojadirecta.com/ It says Its on PPStream but thats showing Rangers game.

Not looking good.

Cmon The Hoops!

Fat lady hasn't sung yet!

Anyone watching the match?

Anyone watching the match?
    Yip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

In this day and age it was incredibly silly to let it ride, regardless of the outcome. This is not a 10 pound accum we're dealing with.

Deflected shot just hit the underside of Hearts crossbar. Pressure on Hearts bigtime.

• Advertisement

Evander Sno,get him off,absolute dirt.

get in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fade2black wrote:
    In this day and age it was incredibly silly to let it ride, regardless of the outcome. This is not a 10 pound accum we're dealing with.

Sometimes fortune favours the brave Fade,and I say fair play to the man if he let it ride,no matter what the outcome.

Tush wrote:
    Sometimes fortune favours the brave Fade,and I say fair play to the man if he let it ride,no matter what the outcome.

Most of the times it wont though, I would never the bet ride without at least getting my stake back.

Most of the times it wont though, I would never the bet ride without at least getting my stake back.

Horses for courses Chucky,thats what gambling is all about.

That doesn't really make any sense Tush. Universally it's never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. The OP got lucky in this case, and fair play to him, but roll the dice ten times and you won't always get what you want.

Agreed Fade,but you are talking about the Champions elect of the spl here and looking at the match they always looked like getting the win,especially in the second half.

But the OP doesn't have the advantage of knowing how the side is going to play before the game starts. And don't forget their recent draws with motherwell, hibs and rangers.

Agreed Fade,but there is always in running,if you must lay some off.

• Advertisement

So you agree with me then? ;)

Advertisement