Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help! - Speech and Language Therapy question

Options
  • 13-01-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

i would really love to do speech and language therapy, but the points are very high. Could anyone give me any advice, i hate english and was wondering is SLT mostly based on english or is it like how words are formed. I went on work experience and know i will love the job but it's just the english and the points problem!

Any1 have any advice
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

The sounds are what actually matters. The english is mainly irrelevant. If anything ever did happen and the language was affected, that would be a neurology problem. Your dislike of english of english isn't really important in this career. It would be more important to be patient, understanding etc. In relation to the points you could try taking up more "point-friendly" subjects like Economic History ,Argricultural Economics and Agricultural Science. But that would probably be better if you were in fifth year.

Advertisement