Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer with the homeless

Options
  • 12-01-2007 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Has anyone found any problems trying to volunteer with any of the homeless agencies in Dublin?
    I've tried a couple of times with some of the larger ones and it seems to be mainly "Thanks but we dont need anyone right now.."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Heya Darkwing Duck

Not sure if you want to but the Capuchin Day Centre on Church Street is always happy of help. It's a food centre for the homeless, they give out about 150 breakfasts of sausages bread tea and soup and about 300 dinners of a proper meat and two veg dinner. Also each week about 200 grocery bags are distributed on a Wednesday

You can do the whole day or just a morning or just a dinner

I volunteer there and love it

If you interested go to http://www.homeless.ie

Any questions give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

I know with Simon they only recruit mainly at specific times and is generally with the soup run, the outreach teams etc usually require trained people, however on occasion's do recruit volunteers, ring the volunteering section in Cope street on 4748345, Alan is the temporary head in charge there at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, I've offered my time often to the one that rhymes with hymen. Keep getting PFO's (Please F Offs) Dont know why though :(

Advertisement