Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloc Party Singer Comes Out Of The Closet

Options
  • 12-01-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

News to me! but the more I think of it, the more it makes sense!

http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/story/0,,1984350,00.html
    "I didn't talk about it when I did interviews for the last record because it wasn't an area really reflected in the music; I didn't talk about race for the same reason. Why was that still a discussion point? The only reason it was a discussion point was because of the racial prejudice that exists in the mainstream media."

"I think I'm going to have to [discuss my sexuality]. With the first album I didn't think it was essential to the experience. I didn't want to have to talk about it in a tabloid way. It wasn't there in the songs, so why did people need to know? But yeah, there are songs on this record that do feel like they're about desire, longing. So yeah, I am gonna talk about that."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I did hear a few rumours but i thought it was just gossipy speculation, i thought the rumours were about Russell
    Kele didn't explicitly state he was gay did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah, i know a guy who said that he was coming on to him backstage at electric picnic. i didn't believe him then....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

im a massive bloc fan and that article was brilliant.does anybody hav any more links or threads to bloc party like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I did hear a few rumours but i thought it was just gossipy speculation, i thought the rumours were about Russell
    Kele didn't explicitly state he was gay did he?

''I want an ordinary man with ordinary desires''
    - Hunting for Witches

Pretty sure he's gay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

obviously if he's gay that what makes theyre music so good!! come on look at the scissor sisters :D
    it dosnt bother me what his preferences are, but he did say in interview on the album show on c4 that he was looking forward to having his first child this/next year.....??

• Advertisement
Advertisement