Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nonsense spoiler tags

Options
  • 10-01-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just reading some of the threads there clearly marked "9-10am SPOILERS INSIDE" .. and there's still spoiler tags being used in the thread.

It makes it a pain to read the thread. Surely one warning is enough without spoiler tagging each individual bit? I mean ... if there's gonna be a thread per episode anyway?

Or have I missed something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Indeed, it's something that I find irritating too.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but this post from the forum Code of Conduct-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51821648&postcount=2
    would seem to me to indicate that spoiler tags are to be used in general discussion threads; I don't see anything about using them in threads with 'Spoiler' in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i find it irritating too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm not breaking the rules if I decide to post in one of these clearly marked spoiler threads without using spoiler tags? Or am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aidan_r

you should still use spoiler tags for spoilers about unaired episodes and next weeks episode teaser, but spoiler tags about what happeded in the episode isn't necessary at all

edit:// nm, i see the code of conduct already covers that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

All well and good. But what about episodes that hadn't aired anywhere when posted, as is the case of Day 6 hours 1-4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

All well and good. But what about episodes that hadn't aired anywhere when posted, as is the case of Day 6 hours 1-4?
    I still don't see any problem, once the threads are clearly titled as the few current ones are.
    Anyone complaining about getting 'spoiled' by looking in a thread with a title stating the episode name/time and marked [US] and
    won't get much sympathy from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Spoiler tags are not required in threads marked with spoilers in the heading.

Excessive use however will be frowned upon.

Advertisement